How do I get rid of useless right click menus?

This is for mostly IE so I figure I try out here, but I've tried programs such as web site downloading that allowed a simple right-click to download. Now after I have uninstalled these programs, I still have the right click in the menus.

Is there a way to selectively delete this right-click menu?

Thanks for your help.

In regedit do a search for a one of the words in the right click menu. Try to use a unique word that is probably not in the registry already a million times. You are looking for an instance of that word in the Shellx portion of the registry. When found, delete the shellx entry for that program.

If it is a shell extension for Internet Explorer it will be in HKEY_USERS\xxx\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt.

get rid of useless right click? buy a mac....

hahaha...that was funny.

My roommate has a mac that I've been playing on. Not having a right clicker is frusterating for the people who use to windows. I guess I like being able to right-click when all else fails, and get a context sensitive menu for whatever I'm hovering over. Makes since to me, anyway.

But I do agree that it sucks how many programs throw that crap into your right-click menu and make it difficult to remove.