Drug Cheats at the Athens Olympics?

Do you think drug cheats will be competing at the Athens Olympics?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think drug cheats will be competing at the Athens Olympics?

• 1. Yes
    • 2. No

Sadly I think there will be drug cheats at the Athens Olympics and the worst humiliation will be when they get stripped of their medals. :pinch:

It won't be allowed, but there will be some using drugs.

If I ever had the chance to go to the Olympics I would never ruin it by using drugs.

' date='Jul 28 2004, 20:10'] For one there's been a lot of controversy here in Australia over the mens cycling team and such.

I was being silly. You made it sound like "drug cheats" was a name of a team. :p

Are there not athelets at each and every games that are stripped of their medals? Some Canadian ski/shooter girl was upgraded from bronze all the way to gold. That was a winter games reference but the same seems to be true of the summer games.

,Jul 28 2004, 20:10] For one there's been a lot of controversy here in Australia over the mens cycling team and such.

yeah,so ive heard.it involved sean eadie(sp?) i think he'll be allowed in?is this correct?

THERE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN DRUGS AT THE OLYMPICS

it just comes down to who gets caught and who doesn't

u.s. has the technology that's y they won lots of stuff

but usually the country that hosts has the most, after the ppl are awarded and a couple of years later ppl find out they get their medals taken away OR the host country pays a little money here a little money here (we're talking millions) so the news doesn't get out

You know, I don't see why people care if athletes do drugs or not. If it's a matter of "atheletes being on some high pedestal", then the whole suggestion of drug use means we can't keep them at that same high status. If it's the fact that their supposed to be role models, then maybe we shouldn't expect such a high level of physical performance from them.

I say let them use whatever they want, because quite frankly winning a medal through elimination really isn't competing at all.

Of course there will be. The winning of a sport means a lot more than just the medal. It can sway future olympic locations, sponsorship, heck the olympics are somewhat political too.

SOME people will do what it takes to win.