What does IE still open?

I've noticed that sometimes, when I click on a program, it opens IE, even though Firefox is my default browser. For example, I play the game City of Heroes, but when I click on a menu within the game, it brings up the IE browser to show it's homepage. There are other programs that do this as well, but I just can't think of them at the moment, but enough to aggravate me. Is it because that programs code IE, and just don't look for other browsers? Is there a way to make sure that Firefox comes up instead of IE?

LOL. I had to open up IE to reply here. What exactly does that long image do, loofles? (besides crash Firefox)

Is that what was crashing Firefox here? Thought it was me fooling around with memory settings.

I looked at the reg. file described above and the Bugzilla report and I think they are on the wrong track, it doesn't solve the problem in all cases.

Found this hack on the Foxmail help forum and it does the trick.

HKLM\Software\CLASSES\htmlfile\shell\opennew\command

"C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe -url \"%1\""

But backup first, of course.

it could be that some programs don't just call the default browser for the os (although there is a problem for this, search, i've posted the reg fix for it elsewhere here), its that the programs actually call ie explicity to open a webpage. if this is it, there prolly isn't much else you can do.