Opera Question

Can opera display any website you go too, unlike firefox which cant displayed some website. Im not bashing firefox in no way, I use firefox, this is a question cause school is coming up and i need a browser that can display website without any problem.

I'm not sure but even if you take any browser out there, if the webmaster didn't code the site to be W3C compliant, it will look (or not appear at all) in the browser he didn't code it for.

i.e. if the webmaster code it for IE, it will not look (or not appear at all) the same in opera or firefox and that goes the other way too.

Firefox and IE will show a lot more pages than Opera will. For example, try going to www.ma.org.au and the drop down links dont open in Opera.

Uh..what drop down links? Looks and works the same in Opera and IE.

The only page I frequent that has problems in Opera is GMAIL, so I just use IE for it.

Everything else is fine as long as you do one thing:

Hit F12, and select "Identify as MSIE 6.0".

Build in IE and work the compatibility towards other browsers as you go. Like Savagearth said, if the webmaster sucks at coding then most likely the page won't funtion properly in several browsers.

Google used a lot of crappy code (proprietary scripts and tags) for GMail. All they had to do is use web standards, and it would have worked in all browsers.

Google used a lot of crappy code (proprietary scripts and tags) for GMail. All they had to do is use web standards, and it would have worked in all browsers.

works fine in Fx for me.