[NTL: UK] Speed Hikes

NTL have previously said that the cable modem network speeds will be increased on August 1st. Can anyone in the UK confirm/deny/elaborate on this? Sure would be nice to wake up tomorrow to 1.5Mb. :yes:

-- Thanks!

I'm on ntl broadband ( 1mb ) have you got a link to that info about them upgrading ?

NTL have previously said that the cable modem network speeds will be increased on August 1st. Can anyone in the UK confirm/deny/elaborate on this? Sure would be nice to wake up tomorrow to 1.5Mb. :yes:

-- Thanks!

i very much doubt this would happen nationaly on a sunday because if something goes wrong the cs wont be able to cope with the demand, i think they are doing area by area and a few manchester towns are already done.

That is true :)

SACM (Stand Alone Cable Modem)

150/600/1 Meg Start 1st August

STB (Set Top Box)

150/600 Start 1st August

1 Meg Start 1st September

The Bromley platform is ready to handle the upgrades, however there are some Langley areas that require some work, this being the case, the dates may slip slightly, whilst the network is brought up to speed.

A summary of the current and what the new upgraded speeds will be, are as follows:-

* ntl 150Kbps increases to 300Kbps

* ntl 600Kbps increases to 750Kbps

* ntl 1Mbps increases to 1.5Mbps

None here yet, i think i might shut down my computer, and take the wires out the back of my modem, plug them back in and turn it back on, see if theres an increase :p

Has anybody got an increase yet?

now 1.5Mb in Farnborough, Hampshire :)

Mon, 2 Aug 2004 06:57:18 UTC

1st 128K took 703 ms = 186447 Bytes/sec = approx 1551 kbits/sec

2nd 128K took 719 ms = 182298 Bytes/sec = approx 1517 kbits/sec

3rd 128K took 718 ms = 182552 Bytes/sec = approx 1519 kbits/sec

4th 128K took 703 ms = 186447 Bytes/sec = approx 1551 kbits/sec

On the back of the modem there maybe a little hole that is marked reset and you need a paper clip to reset it (this is based on my Motorola SB4100 modem) or you can unplug the modem for 5-10 seconds and power it back up, that should do the trick. :)

Just unplugged my set-top box and plugged it back in. 90kbps! :D

I'm in Leeds, by the way.

Is that 750k your on now?

I still dont think ive been upgraded yet :(