[MLB] Contreras to White Sox

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...r_cws&fext=.jsp

CHICAGO -- The Chicago White Sox have acquired right-handed pitcher Jose Contreras and cash considerations from the New York Yankees in exchange for pitcher Esteban Loaiza.

Contreras, 32, was 8-5 with a 5.64 ERA (60 ER/95.2 IP) in 18 games (all starts) for the Yankees in 2004. In two seasons with New York, the native of Cuba is 15-7 with a 4.64 ERA (86 ER/166.2 IP) and 154 strikeouts in 36 games (27 starts). The right-hander, who is signed through 2006, went 7-2 with a 3.30 ERA over 18 games in 2003.

I think Contreras is a great pickup for the Sox and I think they got the better end of the deal here. Esteban has been losing his touch this year, and just doesn't have the same movement in his cutter.

well i think the yankees have alil more better run production that the white sox! i think loaiza would fit in nicely into their rotation. contreras seems to dies down after 5 innings, then all hell breaks lose, dont get me wrong i think he would do good over in chicago!

I think the White Sox lost in this deal. Then again, Contreras may do better in Chicago because he isn't in a Yankee uniform, which means less pressure.

I think it's a good deal for the Sox. Loaiza has gone straight downhill since mid last season.

Loaiza just had 1 breakout season, he will never be a 20 game winner consistantly, the White Sox also recieved cash from the Yankees perhaps to sign Magglio Ordonez next year

I think Contreras is a great pickup for the Sox and I think they got the better end of the deal here.

As long as the White Sox doesnt play Boston, he will do average with his pitching. When Botox plays... sorry when BoSox plays White Sox (if that happens) he might screw up again.