Can beer explode when left in the freezer?

Hey!

Who the hell cares!

Lets just drink the bloody beer and get trashed :D

Why do we need/want to know what it'll do in the freezer, I know my beer doesn't even last onepointfive hours or whatever ;)

So who's with me! Get drinkin :p

Raa.

ive had this happen to me, it does not explode, but it does create a fricken mess. if you wanna waste some beer and see what happens, take a bottle of beer and put it in a tupperware so it doesnt make an insane mess, then just leave that in the freezer over night. make sure you leave the top on the beer bottle and dont leave the top on the tupperware. i had a picture of what happens but i think i lost it. if i find it, ill post it here.

It wont explode, the beer doesnt freeze fast enough for that kind of pressure to take place. It slowly freezes, which means that the glass will slowly have pressure pushed against it, causing it to crack. But an explosion is highly unlikely.

I've never seen a beer bottle explode. A can of beer in the freezer, that's different, I have seen those explode before. Also, a tip of advice, if you do put a bottle in the freezer and it freezes and you do want to drink it, DO NOT put it in the sink and start running hot water on it. :no: Bad experience.

Ha ha, we drink 'beer' warm, not 'larger'. Larger is much nicer cold :p

It depends on your definition of 'beer', really. For me: ale/bitter etc = beer, not larger.

:)

Maybe I picked this up from the my German background, but isn't it lager, not larger?

I've had it happen before. Not necessarily explode, but the tops popped off the bottle. And usually with beercans, i've seen them bloat if frozen, and rarely break the top. So i think it really relies not on the beer, but the quality of the seal: how tight the cap is sealed on, or how well the perforation is done. It does happen though, plain and simple.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. Be careful what you put in the freezer. As a young boy, I remember mum putting in some softdrinks in glasses in the top freezer of the fridge. After we came back home from somewhere else, the bottles exploded (cracked) and there were softdrink all over the freezer floor, being frozen to the frost. That was a lesson for my mum and me not to place glasses of softdrinks or beer into the freezer. That's a lesson for you too. lol :D

If you lower your Temperature in your freezer, sure it will freeze. Bottle may break. But alcohol has a lower freezing point than water. So it will not freeze if you keep it at "regular freezer temperature".

Ok well, i decided to do my own experiment.

I don't drink beer ,but Im an avid Cola drinker.

So last nyt, I put 2 cans of Cola into my frezzer. I have my own fridge in my room. Its a small one. Anyway, I put one in and with the other one, I shook it up before I put it in with the other. (Im still young, so lets experiment more)..lol

Then I went to sleep..Ok so when i Woke up nothing happened. In the afternoon, still nothing. So i opened the freezer and checked to see if anything happened. Still nothing..

So I took them out and put em on my desk, 2 mins later BOOM !. I ran into my room, and one of the cans blew up. Cola everywhere. I was laughing, my face off them BOOM ! the second can blew. I screamed like a girl..lol..Anyways, in Conclusion, there is no point to my thread, but lots of Cola in my room.

Have a nice Day.