You donate to Mozila

Will you donate to mozilla after the Firefox 1.0 release?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will you donate to mozilla after the Firefox 1.0 release?

• Yes - Under $5
    • Yes - $5-10
    • Yes $10+
    • No Way

I love the project, but no. There is one bug that asks for a Print option in the context menu and they keep denying it saying it's useless and not wanted. Apparently being 16th on the bug list for most votes means nothing. This closed mindedness doesn't earn them any cash from me.

I love the project, but no. There is one bug that asks for a Print option in the context menu and they keep denying it saying it's useless and not wanted. Apparently being 16th on the bug list for most votes means nothing. This closed mindedness doesn't earn them any cash from me.

There is an extension... If you haven't already found this, then here you go. If you have, then I'm just posting this for everyone else who finds this thread and wants this feature.

http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/morei...=Page%20Display

I agree that it should be in the program, but in the meantime, this can take its place.

What do you mean exactly? When I right click there's a "Print..." option that works fine.

I'll probably donate a few dollars, given how much I use it.

What do you mean exactly? When I right click there's a "Print..." option that works fine.

I'll probably donate a few dollars, given how much I use it.

Your build has had the print option added in manually by the compiler, MOOX. Vanilla Firefox does not include the Print in the right click menu.

I would donate to Mozilla, but only if the give me what I want in Mozilla Firefox:

* Native Mac OS X widgets.

* Native Mac OS X menus.

* System wide spell check.

* Single window option (Several extensions out there, but none is working on Mac OS X). :angry:

Your build has had the print option added in manually by the compiler, MOOX. Vanilla Firefox does not include the Print in the right click menu.

Okay, gotcha. Can't say I ever print anything, but I think it's a good idea to have it there.

I would donate to Mozilla, but only if the give me what I want in Mozilla Firefox:

* Native Mac OS X widgets.

* Native Mac OS X menus.

Uh, the entire point of Firefox is to be written in XUL, so it's compatible on all three platforms. If you want native widgets and menus, use Mozilla Camino. It may not have extensions or themes, but it's a pretty damn good browser.

Uh, the entire point of Firefox is to be written in XUL, so it's compatible on all three platforms. If you want native widgets and menus, use Mozilla Camino. It may not have extensions or themes, but it's a pretty damn good browser.
I agree that Camino is a pretty damn good browser, but I dont like it. It has ugly tabs and got no extensions! :(

Even with all its issues and lack of Aqua menus I prefer Mozilla Firefox over Camino any day...

But there are hopes for a Mozilla donation, because the Mozilla Firefox 1.0 Roadmap lists an Aquafication release in ?/2004.

1.0PR2 (MacOS X) - ?/2004

Aquafication release. Focus on outstanding UI issues particular to MacOS X, redevelop UI to support cross platform nature, etc.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/roadmap.html

I agree with you - FireFox's core dev's are IMO horrible to work with. They are flame-y, don't listen to users opinions and most of all, bloody unhelpful.

However, I do agree with them in that they tried the 'open participation' where every need was at least somewhat incorperated - and look where that got us: Mozilla Suite.

So I say give this new method a try. They have saved me so much work and effort, so I'm going to go ahead and mail them a $249 (don't really want the IRS involved) check or paypal donation when I can, most likley soon after 1.0.