noob iPod question

i want some of my songs that i have on my iPod onto my new computer and i was wondering how do i transfer the ipod songs onto this hard drive? can i just drag and drop them because ive tried that in itunes and it wont let me.

I personally use Sharepod, it just sits on your iPod and you can extract songs from your iPod to your computer. Very cool and because it sits on your iPod you can take it anywhere and dump all your music anywhere :D

the folder contains your music on your ipod is a regular hidden folder, it's called ipod_control I believe. Do a google for it. You can access hidden folders in explorer, just type the path manually.

actually, to be more specific, the folder is called iPod_Control, this directory contains Device, Music, and iTunes. Your music is stored in the "Music" directory. Inside that folder is a bunch of sub folders like F00, F01, etc. Your music is in these folders alphabetically.

May not be what you are looking for, but good to know info:)

Yes you are correct drummingislife, but with that program it copies them easier and it can rename them in an arist - title format based on the id3 tags, I find that useful and recomend the program Dazzla recommended.

i have another question but i know this is the wrong section for this but its with my original post. Is there a program that is as good or better that does this for the mac, cuz i would like to transfer my pc songs to my powerbook.... Thanks