Mozilla Firefox Vulnerability effects 0.9.3?

Does this spoof effect you with Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3???  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Does this spoof effect you with Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3???

• yes
    • no

As far as I'm concerned, I can find no evidence to say that this was supposed to be in 0.9.3 at all... unless you can give a source which directly quotes a developer stating that, please stop spreading rubbish about a "messed up" release. Four security bugs were fixed with 0.9.3, and if you check the thread already linked, you'll see why I don't even consider this an exploit.

Kasteo, I'd be interested to know what build you're using, since I can't think of a fix for this at all, short of forcing the legitimate statusbar to display for XUL content (i.e. prevent popups disabling it), nor can I find any checkins or bugfixes to indicate that any change has been made in relation to this "bug" at all.

Kasteo, I'd be interested to know what build you're using, since I can't think of a fix for this at all, short of forcing the legitimate statusbar to display for XUL content (i.e. prevent popups disabling it), nor can I find any checkins or bugfixes to indicate that any change has been made in relation to this "bug" at all.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040804 Firefox/0.9.1+

When you click on the example of an exploit XUL content link it will show....

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Line Number 856, Column 36:              <menuitem accesskey="&releaseCmd.accesskey;"
-----------------------------------^

I still see the spoof, but because of the way I have the browser configured, I'd never be fooled by it.. it's so vastly different looking from the way I have mine configured not to mention I have disabled the ability for javascript to hide things.

Still, it should be addressed. It's still in beta and in a constant state of change as bugs get fixed, so I'll give them a bit of time yet.. I just wish the gecko engine loaded images faster.