MSN Messenger Concept

Question

Greetings,

Anyway I just like to share my concept art to Neowin Community. As some of you might know from the other thread "Behold MSN Messenger 7", Max posted my site - www.msn-concept.tk which included a blurry photo of MSN Messenger "Concept".

I am the Lead and admin of MSN-Concept! Anyway, I'm looking for graphic designers and people have ideas for the concept of MSN Messenger. We're also looking for people have close contats and ties with anyone who is contact with the MSN team. :p

2.jpg

If you got any comments or suggestions please post them here :blush:

MSN Messenger Concept

Thanks I'll be happy to hear your response!

*I hope this isn't a crime on Neowin :cry: :ninja: *

don't worry... i know the developers of this project have left us all high and dry and chances are nothing's going to be made regarding msn-concept... i'm working on something for you guys though, it's not exactly msn-concept for now, but we'll see what happens... ;)

actually, i have been developing a msn messenger client for some time now, and it's going pretty well.

i could steal msn concept's GUI (which i think is it's main feature) and use it in my program...

but for that, the developer(s) of the project would have to give me permission to do so. :)

actually, i have been developing a msn messenger client for some time now, and it's going pretty well.

i could steal msn concept's GUI (which i think is it's main feature) and use it in my program...

but for that, the developer(s) of the project would have to give me permission to do so. :)

no need to "steal" the GUI, just recreate it in photoshop... its easier thank it looks. remember that the design is not property of the msn-concept team as they have just used the Windows XP look and adapted it to their application. as long as you dont steal the ENTIRE design just as theirs looks there shouldn't be a problem :)

if you need a hand, feel free to PM me or add me to msn messenger.

Well, I figured I should post this even the project is dead. A simplistic interface.

If you want the PSD: http://members.optusnet.com.au/dagong316/redmoon-msn.zip

http://longstuff.foruminsider.com/redmoon_msn.jpg

Alright, I have become intrested in Longs design, I am going to contact him for more information and layout details of the PSD and see if I can create the interface for it, and when he comes on, I will also talk too [jon] about coding it, so dont think its 100% dead yet. :happy:

Seriously. Some people need a reality check. While the photoshop mock-ups are very nice indeed, that is all they are.. mock-ups.

Make no mistake.. that is all they are ever going to be.

I hate to have to break it to you people, but this, along with 99.9% of all the "great and wonderful programming ideas" random people (usually people with no programming knowledge) come up with on various forums, are never, EVER going to be written (or, at least, never reach a usable state.)

That's right.. NEVER EVER. That's never ever as in the universe is going to collapse first.

The same kind of phenomenon can be seen by visiting a site like sourceforge.. There you'll find hundreds upon hundreds of amazing projects that are forever doomed to be in a state of "planning."

Seriously. Some people need a reality check. While the photoshop mock-ups are very nice indeed, that is all they are.. mock-ups.

Make no mistake.. that is all they are ever going to be.

I hate to have to break it to you people, but this, along with 99.9% of all the "great and wonderful programming ideas" random people (usually people with no programming knowledge) come up with on various forums, are never, EVER going to be written (or, at least, never reach a usable state.)

That's right.. NEVER EVER. That's never ever as in the universe is going to collapse first.

The same kind of phenomenon can be seen by visiting a site like sourceforge.. There you'll find hundreds upon hundreds of amazing projects that are forever doomed to be in a state of "planning."

Only with dreams, comes reality.

Only with dreams, comes reality.

Yes We Can All Dream :pinch: Also Some Of Us Can Program So Why Doesn't Someone Make An Instant Messenger With Everyones Idea Of A New Msn Interface.

Just Don't Look @ Me For Programming :blink: .

Chris