Admin lock?!

I've never had this happen to me before, so please bare with me. Because of the storms in the uk at the moment, there's obviously been some computers restarting or whatever because of it... I leave mine on all the time, and when I came back, it had restarted. I turned the pc off, and then went to turn it back on, and the system32 folder was corrupt or something. Anyway, it wouldnt let me repair for some reason, so I did a complete new install. I turned it on, and it gave an error message, but to be honest, I didnt even read it, and hoped everything would be ok. All seemed well, and I left the PC on.. Came back, and it was locked, and said only myself or an admin could unlock the PC, so I try entering my name into the username field, and I cant do anything.. It wont let me type a thing, so I restart the PC, and everything is back to normal. But this could be very annoying for when I leave the pc on with something important running, and I have to restart the PC. Anyone know what this could be? Would putting just one user account on the PC solve this, or what else should I do? There is no admin password set up, if that helps any...

You should be able to right click on your desktop, click properties, then goto the screensaver options and uncheck the option that "locks" the computer on resume, etc... That should take care of it. Also, try using "administrator" for the username and NOTHING in the password field if it does that again. Hope you get it lined out.