How soon after SP2 new UXThemePatcher version?

After you've created your slipstreamed 2180 cd, you can add this file (uxtheme.dl_) to the i386 folder before burning so when you install xp, uxtheme.dll is already hacked:

This is only for Windows XP Service Pack 2 Build 2180 (RTM/Final)

Edited by todd`

thanks for the dll

I used to use uxtheme patch for neowin 1.01 or something

how can I replace the file manually?

all the files in dllcaches are deleted but when I overweite the uxtheme in system32, the old one seems to come back

how can I replace the file manually?

all the files in dllcaches are deleted but when I overweite the uxtheme in system32, the old one seems to come back

get a program called replacer...it's great and easy to use. ;)

Replacer.zip

After you've created your slipstreamed 2180 cd, you can add this file (uxtheme.dl_) to the i386 folder before burning so when you install xp, uxtheme.dll is already hacked:

This is only for Windows XP Service Pack 2 Build 2180 (RTM/Final)

Can anyone confirm this works? And is this shen's or vortex's?

And which is better? Shen's or vortex's?

Edited by blueshirt

This is Shen's, and I assume there's no difference if they both work right? I tested it on VMware before I posted it and it works.. Then last night I reformatted with it and it still works so..

The uxtheme.dll for 2170 actually works which vorte[x] posted first so vorte[x] actually did have it out first just had to package it into a .rar :whistle:

great going guys... gonna do a slipstream on tuesday. gotta back up alot of stuff, and organise all the crap on my hdd's...

to add it into the i386, is it basically opening the zip file and add it in? or is it more complicated.?

In case you got TuneUp Utilities 2004 already installed, you wont need a patched uxtheme.dll for your newly installed SP2 final. just use TuneUp's WinStyler and apply the themes/styles you used before you updated.

-Lef

TuneUp all the way man! (Y)

I can confirm that this actually works. Replacing the uxtheme.dl_ file in the i386 folder with this one, eliminates the need to run a "patch" program. :D

It worked using my slipstreamed SP2 CD on a fresh format/install.