firefox sometimes opening source code

hi,

sometimes when i click on links in firefox, it opens up the new page in 'view source' mode instead of actually opening the page. any clue why it does this? i'm using the following extensions:

single window 1.4

super dragandgo 0.2.3

close tab on double click 0.1.1

all-in-one gestures 0.11.1

bugmenot 0.3

url2newtab 0.1

flst 0.6

miniT 0.2

blanklast 0.4

any suggestions would be appreciated...

I've had the same problem. Are you perchance using NTL? I think it's something weird with their "transparent" proxies.

Define your own HTTP proxy

tools ->options -> connection settings -> manual proxy configuration

You'll have to do a search on the interweb thingy for a proxy you can use though...

Oddly enough the problem only really happens when I'm looking at neowin or theinquirer

i'm actually using BT - it happens occasionally to me on neowin too, but on some of the links on the microsoft website it happens nearly all the time!

Is the AiO version one with the enhanced link tooltip? (Shows the link size if I remember right)

If so, that feature was removed from the later versions because it caused the described behaviour on some sites.

Edit: At that time clicking the word 'Viihde' (Entertainment in English) on the red bar at http://www.iltalehti.fi/ caused this to me pretty often. Disabling the Link tooltip or updating AiO fixes this, though you'll lose the link size feature.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/marc.boullet/ext/extensions-en.html

actually - that would make sense that the link tooltip size thingy might cause the error! i'll try disabling it for a few days and see if the error returns... thanks for the suggestion!

i upgraded from AiO 0.11.1 to 0.12.2 and noticed that there is no link size thing anymore. fingers crosses that this fixes this dreadful bug!