[NFL] Are you ready for some football?

Well, the NFL season (sorta) is upon us. Tonight Denver and Washington battle it out in the Hall of Fame game (8 pm EST, ABC) kick starting the 2004-2005 NFL season.

Man, I just love football!!!!!!!!

Barry Sanders, John Elway, Carl Eller, and Bob "Boomer" Brown

Did you know that Carl eller named his daughter Cinder?

I kid you not.

Congrats, guys on HOF. Elway, I still think you are overrated. <snicker>

Too bad this isn't a regular season game, I want to see Clinton Portis and Champ Bailey for more than 1 series. Oh well.

Hopefully the game is good and is close at the end. It's fun watching guys who want to make a team and how hard they play.

Too bad this isn't a regular season game, I want to see Clinton Portis and Champ Bailey for more than 1 series. Oh well.

Hopefully the game is good and is close at the end. It's fun watching guys who want to make a team and how hard they play.

Has the Wash offense improved much over last year? I wonder if Portis is going to have the line to put up his usual #s - think he'll be a safe fantasy pick this year?

Has the Wash offense improved much over last year? I wonder if Portis is going to have the line to put up his usual #s - think he'll be a safe fantasy pick this year?

Honestly, I chose Tiki Barber over Portis because of the exact point you mentioned. I think Denver CLEARLY got the better end of the deal, as shutdown cornerbacks are alot harder to come by than a solid running back. This is why I'd like to see him out there for more than just 1 series; maybe the 1st string will get a few series on the field.

Portis=Hurricane, Bailey=Georgia Bulldog :x hehe

I was looking forward to the new season, but then Ricky Williams retired, and David Boston then got himself injured and out for the season and now it's just going to be an ugly season for the Dolphins, and we traded our 2nd round draft pick for Feely, ye gods :(

I can't wait for the Vikings to disappoint me again! :woot:

I'll still go to games no matter how bad they do but hopefully they just play well and I won't have to worry about it.

I was looking forward to the new season, but then Ricky Williams retired, and David Boston then got himself injured and out for the season and now it's just going to be an ugly season for the Dolphins, and we traded our 2nd round draft pick for Feely, ye gods :(

Sympathies dude. For real :(

You can come and hop on the 4-12 bandwagon with me (yeah, 49ers MIGHT win 5, but who's counting?)

You can come and hop on the 4-12 bandwagon with me (yeah, 49ers MIGHT win 5, but who's counting?)

Thanks, the Dolphins have been one of the most consistent teams in recent years, although we missed out on the playoffs the past 2 seasons both on tiebreakers, had to come to an end sometime, just going to happen a lot more soon and will happen a lot more spectacularly than I thought :( at least the 49ers made the play-offs more recently than the dolphins. And that play-off game against the Giants was a classic. Well our streak of not having a losing season since 1988 will soon become a distant memory :cry:

Woohoo! I can't wait for tonight's game! I am so pumped and ready for the season to start. Go Broncos! Go new Denver Defense! and Go John Elway for making the Hall Of Fame. :D :D :D

Sorry, but no sympathies here. ;)

When you have been a Falcon fan as long as I have the prospect of being one of the better teams in the league after pretty much your entire existence at the bottom - it is about time. :rofl:

Sorry, but no sympathies here. ;)

When you have been a Falcon fan as long as I have the prospect of being one of the better teams in the league after pretty much your entire existence at the bottom - it is about time. :rofl:

How quickly you forget the "Dirty Bird". Arrrrgghhhhhhhh, I hated the Falcons so much that year :angry:

Jamal Anderson is one of my all-time favorite players to hate. When he went down with that injury, I hate to say it, but I was happy. The Falcons were so damn cocky those few years; Denver laid the smack on em in the Super Bowl, though. :p

How quickly you forget the "Dirty Bird". Arrrrgghhhhhhhh, I hated the Falcons so much that year :angry:

Jamal Anderson is one of my all-time favorite players to hate. When he went down with that injury, I hate to say it, but I was happy. The Falcons were so damn cocky those few years; Denver laid the smack on em in the Super Bowl, though. :p

Cocky for a few years? We had a losing season the very next year! I don't think we have ever had back to back winning seasons... pretty sad.

I only liked Jamal that year, the next year he held out for more $$ and then blew out his knee. Bad karma.

Denver almost had a comeback victory. It would have been a good story if they were able to win the game. Oh well. More preseason on Thursday night :D

Was it just me or did you guys think that in his current condition John Elway could have come out onto the field and schooled all the quaterbacks on both teams. When he was on the sidelines he looked like he was going to jump right into the game in his yellow suit.