Windows XP SP2 - First boot

OK so I installed the sp2 from the front of the neowin site... everything installed perfect. However.... not it hangs when it should load windows.... I get the post screen and I can select F8 options... after that, just blackness... can I system restore with my cd?

Yea you can....pop in your Windows XP CD and run setup...during setup you can choose to repair the Windows Installation you have on your comp

BTW, have you tried booting in Safe Mode or using "Last Good Configuration" ????

velkymx I experienced the same problem when I installed SP2 Final, however it was just a monitor out of range issue , going into safe mode and re-installing my video drivers solved it, Have you tried this already?

velkymx I experienced the same problem when I installed SP2 Final, however it was just a monitor out of range issue , going into safe mode and re-installing my video drivers solved it, Have you tried this already?

Ya, that's what happened to one of the computers I was servicing. I finished install Windows Xp Pro over Xp Home and it went blank and I remembered the music I heard (It was that stupid activation screen). So I turned it off, turned it on and it skipped the screen and loaded, lol