TweakXP

Anyone use this program?

Found the cache and memory tweaks work very well. I use this and TUNEUP 2004 programs with windows xp, and find they do a great job keeping the system clean.

Anyone else have any experiences with these programs or others?

in my experience, cache and memory tweaks do nothing. some tweaks, like the alwaysunloaddll one may actually do more harm than good.

in any case, i never use programs to tweak (except for tweakui). it's always better to do it manually to understand what's going on when something is changed.

I agree - memory tweaks with XP are generally useless - sometimes detrimental. Tweakxp (no relation to to the forum I admin :) ) is okay, but not nearly as good as X-Setup or even tweakui

Tweakxp (no relation to to the forum I admin :) ) is okay, but not nearly as good as X-Setup or even tweakui

How do you find the other programs better?

How do you find the other programs better?

tweakxp has been buggy since the day it was released. It also offers some "questionable" tweaks. X-setup is the most comprehensive tweaking utility available. Period. It can be a bit daunting for a new user, but if you are prepared to spend a little time getting used to it you will find it indespensible. Tweakui is more basic but is very simple to use and offers a number of very useful tweaks.