WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

Yes sorry for sounding harsh but whatever version that you want to call 2180 there will be NO version that won't come without the RTM tag. You're stupid if you think otherwise. There were two versions of SP1 because there was the original SP1 and then SP1a, hence why there may have been differences.

Come back to this thread once the express installer is out etc and admit you're a fool, thanks.

ohhhhhhhhhhh...............so is that why the "report a Bug" button is still on build 2600?.....I see I see....

--edit--

wait...so does that mean where will be another build on WIndows Update when it is release on the 25th?

Yes sorry for sounding harsh but whatever version that you want to call 2180 there will be NO version that won't come without the RTM tag. You're stupid if you think otherwise. There were two versions of SP1 because there was the original SP1 and then SP1a, hence why there may have been differences.

Come back to this thread once the express installer is out etc and admit you're a fool, thanks.

I have SP 1 because MS Virtual Java machine is by defualt integrated into my installation of Windows....

So, by your statement... I SHOULD have a 'RTM' somewhere within my about box... or written on my actual SP1 exe...

So, maybe you can explain why I don't have RTM in my about box???

AM I dillusional??? Do you need the illustrated version?? I'll be happy to provide one for you...

Maybe you're too stupid to be a mod.... don't call us stupid and not expect the same...

Man make this stop, can you ****ers read??

2180 is RTM, RTM will be released worldwide. RTM will be in the tag for every install worldwide. RTM wasn't in the tag for SP1, OMG END OF THE ****ING WORLD. Now shut the hell up and stop annoying me with your pure stupidness.

That's two people that will need to come back to this thread and admit they're stupid. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure Helix is right on this one. Same thing happened with SP1. The RTM most likely is the final release of SP2, however it's not the gold final polished product... First there is RTM, then there is RTW (which entails an end-user database). That's the gold version. And it most likely won't include the additional RTM tagging. Sorry but I don't think you're right here cream.

I'm pretty sure Helix is right on this one. Same thing happened with SP1. The RTM most likely is the final release of SP2, however it's not the gold final polished product... First there is RTM, then there is RTW (which entails an end-user database). That's the gold version. And it most likely won't include the additional RTM tagging. Sorry but I don't think you're right here cream.

RTW is the same as RTM. Show me two builds of XPSP1 that have an RTM tag and no RTM tag on the SAME build number and I'll shut up. Since i won't be shutting up as you won't be showing me that then i'll sit comfortably in my seat awaiting the 25th August with a draft in my Outlook ready to send to the annoyingly idiotic people in this thread and across Neowin who feel the need to create pointless threads about an RTM tag that will exist in XPSP2 FOREVER.

5.1.2600.1105 (xpsp1.020822-1800)

5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)

Please, ssh :(

Guys you trust cream to be reliable with beta news and yet you won't trust what he says now? How stupid are you people? SP1 did NOT have RTM in the build tag. This is a change in the tagging system for SP2 and the RTM tag is here to stay.

I can't ****ing believe you people, we had the SAME argument back when XP was released when you idiots claimed that the XP in stores was newer than the RTM, uhhh WRONG.

And cream I think i'll be joining you in creating a draft to go out on the 25th ;)

You know what i wasnt even mad that Cream and Joel thought i was wrong

the fact is that Cream was so blantantly disrespectfull to me, there are messages all over Neowin that say that kind of stuff isnt allowed for members so why should the mods be allowed?

NeoBond needs to keep the staff in check if they cant do it themselves.

and when iu was talking about hacing 2 seperate version of SP1 i did not mean SP1 and SP1a

i meant RTM SP1 and SP1 Gold

there was a 2 day period where the only downloadable version of SP1 was the RTM that was Released on the Technet section of the MS website before the final Gold SP1 was released both files install the same version updates but the RTM SP1 had the same sp1_rtm in the version windows, and if you cant tell that MS has different sections of thier website that are still contained in the www.microsoft.com domain than your ignorant.

and jsut because Cream thinks because he works for IBM and wants to someday work for MS he thinks he is all high and mighty and infalable, well Cream your not.

I do Value your Knowledge and insight most of the time Cream but this time youve gone beyond the limits and let your head grow out of proportion.

ill make you a deal Cream

if when the SP2 (windows update CD) CD is released or when the official NON IT/Manufacture Network install for is linked from www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2 and the file does not have the same digital signature or the RTM tag of the current one linked from the technet section you give me an appoligy, and if im worng ill leave Neowin and never come back.

you people still think im trying to tell you the actuall updates themselves will be different in this GOLD version but i am not, im simply trying to tell you that it will come in a different polished candy coated wrapper, meaning a new install package without RTM tagging.

this is Windows XP we are talking about not Windows Server wich is buisness oriented and the RTM tag can stay on

here is the proof that the current SP2 is linked from Technet look in the top left hand corner for a technet logo

look at the two different links under where it says "Get the service Pack" one says COMING SOON SP2 for a single computer, the one under that is the same link to the page where we have all been going for the Network install of SP2 for IT and Manufacturing.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...n/winxpsp2.mspx

You just aren't a very intelligent person it seems. That's ok. Everyone likes to watch a clueless jackass argue with a MS beta tester and a Mod over something they obviously know a hell of a lot more about than said jackass. Look, there is one file, for network admins and slipstreamed installs, called the Network Install, which is the whole shebang. It includes every possible update for every instance of XP. The Express Install will be THE SAME EXACT GODDAMN THING as the network install, but will only update those files that you specifically need for your installed instance of XP. It cannot be used to slipstream a cd for subsequent XP SP2 installs or for broad deployment in a corporate envirionment. The contents of the files WILL BE THE SAME GODDAMN THING, with the exception of the installer used, which will download everything needed as it is needed.

Honestly...this whole SP2 drama has really brought the morons out on Neowin. Sometimes I have to scoll up and make sure I didn't slip and fall into NeoAOL or something.

You know what i wasnt even mad that Cream and Joel thought i was wrong

the fact is that Cream was so blantantly disrespectfull to me, there are messages all over Neowin that say that kind of stuff isnt allowed for members so why should the mods be allowed?

NeoBond needs to keep the staff in check if they cant do it themselves.

and when iu was talking about hacing 2 seperate version of SP1 i did not mean SP1 and SP1a

i meant RTM SP1 and SP1 Gold

there was a 2 day period where the only downloadable version of SP1 was the RTM that was Released on the Technet section of the MS website before the final Gold SP1 was released both files install the same version updates but the RTM SP1 had the same sp1_rtm in the version windows, and if you cant tell that MS has different sections of thier website that are still contained in the www.microsoft.com domain than your ignorant.

and jsut because Cream thinks because he works for IBM and wants to someday work for MS he thinks he is all high and mighty and infalable, well Cream your not.

I do Value your Knowledge and insight most of the time Cream but this time youve gone beyond the limits and let your head grow out of proportion.

ill make you a deal Cream

if when the SP2 (windows update CD) CD is released or when the official NON IT/Manufacture Network install for is linked from www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2 and the file does not have the same digital signature or the RTM tag of the current one linked from the technet section you give me an appoligy, and if im worng ill leave Neowin and never come back.

you people still think im trying to tell you the actuall updates themselves will be different in this GOLD version but i am not, im simply trying to tell you that it will come in a different polished candy coated wrapper, meaning a new install package without RTM tagging.

this is Windows XP we are talking about not Windows Server wich is buisness oriented and the RTM tag can stay on

here is the proof that the current SP2 is linked from Technet look in the top left hand corner for a technet logo

look at the two different links under where it says? "Get the service Pack" one says COMING SOON SP2 for a single computer, the one under that is the same link to the page where we have all been going for the Network install of SP2 for IT and Manufacturing.

OK so you're telling me they're gonna release two seperate versions of XPSP2?

So they've released a version (with the RTM tag) to OEMs/System Administrators and Corporations (biggest Microsoft customers) and they're releasing a "gold" version to whom exactly? Home users?

SO let me get this straight, they release a version to home users without the RTM tag. Are you serious or are you just kidding along for fun?

So since i won't be apologising (because the version released will be exactly the same lol) then you may as well give up with this stupid arguement. You're clearly wrong and haven't even backed up your stupid-ridden posts with any proof about this gold version and RTM version crap. You're a funny man that's for sure.

I'm glad we have members like [moribundi] etc who shown intelligence around here.

Oh the drama over a silly little "_rtm" tag in the About Windows. It must not be the final, even as Microsoft signed off on the code. Then by the same logic, Server 2003 build 3790 must not be final too, as it too has the _rtm tag splattered in all it's version tags. Maybe this is a new thing for Microsoft to label its final with "rtm".

Oh the drama over a silly little "_rtm" tag in the About Windows. It must not be the final, even as Microsoft signed off on the code. Then by the same logic, Server 2003 build 3790 must not be final too, as it too has the _rtm tag splattered in all it's version tags. Maybe this is a new thing for Microsoft to label its final with "rtm".

THANK YOU.

Yes, they started adding in the RTM into products with Server 2003 :)

It's all this public testing. They name the builds _beta 1 etc and need to name them RTM just to make sure those people (like certain people in this thread) are sure it's RTM. Obviously a few slip through the net and pass the "I am a dumb asshat" barrier.

Not on my machine. This is the image I see. The link you give is not the same one I asked you about.

ms_masthead_ltr.gif

look at the two different links under where it says  "Get the service Pack" one says COMING SOON SP2 for a single computer, the one under that is the same link to the page where we have all been going for the Network install of SP2 for IT and Manufacturing.

I really wasn't laughing at you before, but I am now. Go find someone else, anyone else, and ask them what the difference is between those 2 choices. Cream's already told you, but you seem to need more than 10 people to tell it to you for you to believe it.

Oh and for the love of god

Amen ,

I agree make it stop , its just a Service Pack not life changing medicine or a

Coke flavoured Viagara drink .