[Question] DSL and Telephone Line Extensions

I know I read somewhere that your DSL connection will slow down if you have multiple telephone line extensions. is that true? anyone here experienced slow downs? pls reply.. thanks.. :)

I am having DSL and i have about 2 Phones connected in my home and not to the Splitter and i didnt felt any effect on my speed......

where did you connect your 2 phones if you didn't use a splitter? i'm really having a slow internet connection because of the phone extensions.. but i also need the phone extensions.. what's the best thing i can do? thanks

From a former DSL technical support agent with Earthlink:

The more connections for phones you have in your home, the likelyhook of your connection being slower increases. Also, the distance from the CO (Central Office) plays a huge factor. So go to DSLReports.com and do a CO finder test to see how far you are. If you are within spec (13,000 ft not 100% on this) then you are fine.

DSL in my opinion is the worst high speed service. But if its the only choice, then you need to go with it.

EDIT: You will need to get filters for EVERY single phone, fax machine, computer, dialup modem, etc that connects to the phone system. This will help with speed too.

Oh, one note: Earthlink does not care about speed issues unless they are below 100Kb/s.