SP2 doesn't boot after install,

After installing SP2 and rebooting the system failes with svchost.exe service "the instruction at 0x77c47e9f referenced memory at 0x00000000, the memory could not be read, OK to terminate, Cancel to debug"

Same happened when I try to start in fale safe mode, and then the system shutsdown because of Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpecedly.

Cant uninstall SP2 from add/remove program.

I think it could be my Sygate firewall that couse this svchost failure but I'm note sure, and I can't unistall it ether from add/remove program.

Tried last knowed good system - without any luck.

Any suggestion what to to? I really don't want to reinstall Xp and loos my files.

(Sorry for my english :blush: )

Edited by Athlon_Rules

OMG, seems there is lots of memory problem in SP2? Did you install any theme in your previous system? (I mean with SP1)? This could be the problem...

Sorry I can't help... BTW, you still can back your file up before reformatting your PC....

OMG, seems there is lots of memory problem in SP2? Did you install any theme in your previous system? (I mean with SP1)? This could be the problem...

Sorry I can't help... BTW, you still can back your file up before reformatting your PC....

I'm using windows blinds, but I've 3 accounts and only one with Windows blinds loaded.

Hmm, last time I checked, Windows Blinds doesn't change any of windows protected files.... A bit strange here... Maybe we have to wait till some experts clarify it for us...

Mean while, why don't you digging up Microsoft's website for answer?

Hmm, last time I checked, Windows Blinds doesn't change any of windows protected files.... A bit strange here... Maybe we have to wait till some experts clarify it for us...

Mean while, why don't you digging up Microsoft's website for answer?

Hmmmmmm.... I don't think it's a theme that couse my problems.

The system shutsdown as soon as I login, both i safe mode and normal.

Like to be able to run regedit and maybe prevent NOD32 and Sygate to start.....

I had a similar problem when I installed SP2 at home last night. System would not load.... kept giving me BSOD with a system32 error. I was also unable to go into safe mode and had to reformat. Good job I made that Ghost image before I started... :)

After installing SP2 and rebooting the system failes with svchost.exe service "the instruction at 0x77c47e9f referenced memory at 0x00000000, the memory could not be read, OK to terminate, Cancel to debug"

Same happened when I try to start in fale safe mode, and then the system shutsdown because of Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpecedly.

Cant uninstall SP2 from add/remove program.

I think it could be my Sygate firewall that couse this svchost failure but I'm note sure, and I can't unistall it ether from add/remove program.

Tried last knowed good system - without any luck.

Any suggestion what to to? I really don't want to reinstall Xp and loos my files.

(Sorry for my english :blush: )

:D :D :D

Don't know what went wrong when I updated to SP2, but I had to make a slipsteam XP-SP2 disk and the I booted from that and did a XP repair installation, and the best of all I didn't lost any aplication or data.

:D :D :D