New Pentium 4 drivers in SP2!

Hi All,

As my PC got a noticeable performance improvments since I installed XP SP2, I decided to dig for the reason, and here's what I've found so far, My P4 CPU has got new a driver, dated 1st April 2004! :laugh:

Check the attachment. (I'm not using the default date format :) )

So what about your CPU? AMD owners? :)

post-11-1092158778.jpg

For Intel at least, it add support for the Dothan Pentium M for Power Management (Proper SpeedStepping). There is no super dooper hoopla for anything else.

Your performance increase came from somewhere else not the Processor Driver. :laugh:

I dont think the updated driver has anything to do with speed increase people have noticed.

SP2 includes recompiled versions of many core files, and this is much more likely to be the reason

I think it`s more likely the processor drivers were rewritten to add support for this new DEP tech they`ve put into SP2.

Most likely, but why wud Intel's be updated? Meh, its all good, long as it works right (Y)

Most likely, but why wud Intel's be updated? Meh, its all good, long as it works right (Y)

Do you like not reading the whole thread or just the end of it? LOOK UP I said why.

^i was just going to comment that mine is 4/1/2004 (pentium 4). and i read it as 4th january:D

so either, 4/1 or 1/4, depends on your location settings, i think

Great! everyone has an updated driver here :)

And as I said in the first post, I use customized settings, It's dated 1st April 2004. USA people should be 4/1/2004 :) but in Egypt and the rest of world, hopefully :p, we read it 1/4/2004.

Regards.

Edited by Tantawi