Some GIFs don't load in IE after installing SP2

This happens every once in a while. It gets VERY annoying. In order to see the GIFs that don't appear, I either have to right click on the them and select 'Show Picture' or reload the page until they finally show up. This started happening right after I installed SP2. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and this is the only thing I could find: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;837489

I've already tried clearing my cache and it didn't help.

See the screenshot below:

Edited by oqwarrior

its weird that som arnt showing and some are :/

try this:

internet options > advanced > make sure 'play animations in webpages' is ticked.

Yup, it's ticked... :cry: I wonder if this has anything to do with my Security/Privacy settings in IE. They are both set to "Medium".

Is this happening only on Neowin or other sites as well? The Neowin servers seem to be rather overloaded here lately and some things(like avatars) don't always come through. I have that same problem, but only here.

It's an old IE bug. Pages with tons of .gif images will have trouble loading properly. There are tons of "fixes" but none have ever worked for me and Microsoft has never to my knowledge acknowledged the problem. There's a huge thread on the subject in the DSL Reports forum.

Here's a page I made to illustrate the problem.

http://home.earthlink.net/~phoulbrooke/iebug.html

Did you try resetting your zones to the factory defaults and putting WWW.NEOWIN.NET in the TRUSTED zone? Did you reset your ADVANCED tab under internet options by choosing to RESTORE DEFAULTS? Part of all that will help make sure meta refresh is enabled and that all images will display properly.

Good luck.