Uninstall XP SP2 RTM

Does anyone know how to uninstall sp2 rtm? I do not have an uninstall in add/remove programs and I have tried the uninstall switch and it always says "You cannot uninstall, since an uninstall for Service Pack 2 has not been created."

How do I create the uninstall to be able to uninstall?

Thanks

Does anyone know how to uninstall sp2 rtm? I do not have an uninstall in add/remove programs and I have tried the uninstall switch and it always says "You cannot uninstall, since an uninstall for Service Pack 2 has not been created."

Thanks

It should have created System Restore point for you to go back to if you're having problems.

you can't. If there isn't an uninstall for SP2 your out of luck cause there isn't any prior system files to restore. You will need to reformat if you want to get rid of SP2.

Thanks

you may have had the option to do that prior to installation, like archiving files before sp1. i haven't installed sp2, so i can't be more detailed, but you might not be able to uninstall it.

Look for a folder called:

(drive letter):Windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$

Click on the + in front of it, then click on the folder spuninst......you will see a file called spuninst.exe. Double click to uninstall SP2.

If you cannot see these folders/files, go to Tools, Folder Options. Click on the View tab. Scroll down to the section HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS, and check the circle called Show Hidden Files and Folders.

I haven't deleted anything since I installed, but yet when I go to (drive letter):Windows\ and look for the $NtServicePackUninstall$ folder I don't see it even though I can see my hidden files. I have 25 folders that say $NtUninstall_________ with different number following each, but nothing that says $NtServicePackUninstall$.

I do however have a folder called servicepackfiles under windows but can seem to find any uninstall app.

how did you install the service pack? did you add and comman-line switches?

Just did normal install no switches.

weird.....i uninstalled just 5 mins ago from add/remove. Reinstall it and try again (dont worry, it'll only take about 5 mins if that.)

I could go back to restore point, but the only ones I have still have the sp beta version installed without an uninstall on them either. I also tried going through the install again and it didn't change anything. I tried going through the install far enough to have it extract all the files in the sp to my d drive and then copied the files to a differnt folder, then used the spuninst.exe and it seemed to be going through but then each time it gives me 2 error messages. 1 - The handle is invalid 2 - The was not uninstalled.

That is it and is doesn't even specify what wasn't installed, it looks just as I wrote it.

Any ideas?