can't copy/paste

i've recently been aware that i've got a whole bunch of spyware on my disk, and adaware 6 didn't do anything about it (namely Home Search default webpage thingy). i thought things would be different with the new adaware SE.. well, it was.

as soon as it found a malware called 'Remote Procedure Call (RPC)' this ordered the system to reboot in 60 seconds, with the timer appearing in every way, even when i'd ctrl+alt+del to call the task manager to end this command, which i couldn't.

when my windows rebooted a whole bunch was changed, not only did my windows taskbar and start menu disappeared, but many programs didn't respond as good as before. but still in this part i didn't know how grave my problem was.

i ran the 'services' in 'administrative tools' and stopped the 'remote procedure call (finder)' but couldn't touch the other RPC service connected.

i then used adware SE again and it found a lot of spyware and it didn't reboot this time. i then removed the bugs and quarantined them.

i reboot my pc. and my start menu was back again, but i'd lost a lot of actions:

- I can't cut/copy/paste or move any file or folder;

- I can't run windows media player;

- I can't view images/videos/music;

- sound is out of order, since it seems DirectSound is nowhere;

- I can't run Maxthon, or MyIE2, only internet explorer.

and many other presents were back, like:

- Remote Procedure Call (which i can't remove from System Configuration Utility (msconfig);

- Home Search assistant is back...

can you have any idea how to stop this or do i really need to format and reinstall windows xp?