SP2 Help

Nothing much. I guess it saves a little bit of disk space because the setup program archives all your old files when you install it the normal way.

i have 3 hard drives, all at NTFS, what if i were to "fresh install" on one of them then install SP2 on it. and use it as my startup one...but how can i lock the other 2 from people i dont want using them.

Nothing much. I guess it saves a little bit of disk space because the setup program archives all your old files when you install it the normal way.

so whats with all the people bein like "I'm fresh installing it today" its like they think that its gonna help them so muhc, when you in the end lose everything......i cant afford to lose all my stuff......and no i wont take 2 days to backup all my stuff on my other hard drive.

so whats with all the people bein like "I'm fresh installing it today" its like they think that its gonna help them so muhc, when you in the end lose everything......i cant afford to lose all my stuff......and no i wont take 2 days to backup all my stuff on my other hard drive.

I wouldn't bother to do a slipstream, I personally think its a waste of time. One other thing, for people that seem to like reinstalling Windows quite a lot it means they don't have to reinstall SP2 every time they install Windows.

Just install it the normal way.

I wouldn't bother to do a slipstream, I personally think its a waste of time. One other thing, for people that seem to like reinstalling Windows quite a lot it means they don't have to reinstall SP2 every time they install Windows.

Just install it the normal way.

thats what i was planning on doing but wondered cus everyones so giddy to want to "REINSTALL XP" I mean i'd do it if it was like 98 where youy wouldn't lose all your things.

& the specs for that pc is??

Brgs

1.8GHZ P4

768MB RAM

52x24x52x Burner

DVD ROM

120GB/100GB/80GB W/D Hard Drives all at 7200RPM and 8MB Cache

I have SP1 installed on here and it works fine.