Tom Glavine loses teeth in taxi wreck

NEW YORK -- Mets pitcher Tom Glavine lost his two front upper teeth in an automobile accident Tuesday while going from LaGuardia Airport to nearby Shea Stadium in a taxi cab.

Advertisement

Glavine also got stitches for a cut lower lip. He was to be released from a hospital Tuesday night and miss his scheduled start Wednesday night against Houston.

The accident occurred at 2:15 p.m. ET as Glavine headed to the ballpark for New York's game against the Astros. The left-hander had spent Monday's off-day with his family in Atlanta.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/7565888

good that he's ok.. but that sucks..

He's an overpaid athlete and he rides in a taxi? umm... right.

And can't he just have fake ones but it? he has like 300 mil doesnt he?

btw I have no idea who he is, I just know Baseball players get paid too much.

btw I have no idea who he is, I just know Baseball players get paid too much.

And who are you to say they are getting paid too much? What you believe is too much, can be too little for someone else.

And who are you to say they are getting paid too much? What you believe is too much, can be too little for someone else.

dude no one playing sports deserves to get payed millions of dollars a year when there are people in other countries working 10000x harder and starving to death.

Well, there are quite a number of people in this world that are getting paid well more than they deserve for the job they do.

Being a professional athlete is probably one of the professions that more often than not generate way too much money for the individual.

Nonetheless, losing one's front teeth is a pain in the (you know what) and regardless of financial situation, noone deserves that ... :)

dude no one playing sports deserves to get payed millions of dollars a year when there are people in other countries working 10000x harder and starving to death.

Life is not fair, live with it.

Dude, you're saying athletes get paid too much when other people work 10000000X harder and get paid nothing. My response is, life is not fair, live with it. Just like you could be getting paid $15 an hour and someone else doing your job and doing it better is getting paid $10 an hour.

what the hell are you talking about?

people here are so stupid i can't believe it.

This isnt on topic with the thread at all, it sucks that his teeth got busted out. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone. I hope all ends well.

In response to StevoFC, considering the BILLIONS of dollars in ticket sales that these players draw in every year, yes, they do deserve every penny they get. If any of these people that you say are starving and are harder working are making their respective employers BILLIONS of dollars, then they have a right to complain. Otherwise, "Life is not fair, live with it."

PS: Just because people don't share your same views, doesn't mean they are stupid......you should know better :no:

PS: Just because people don't share your same views, doesn't mean they are stupid......you should know better :no:

It's a sad shame, but no, you really are stupid. :yes:

what funny is.. tom could probably have been a professional hockey player.. when asked why he chose baseball over hockey.. he said "ive still got all my teeth"

,Aug 11 2004, 14:28] haha... im sorry but i found this story amusing :happy:

How could you find this funny, he is a human being. It would be a different story is it happened to you. Accidents arent a laughing matter, jerk off.

Life is not fair, live with it.

wel its reasonable fair when you consider how many people try to be professional athletes. The chances of making it big and getting rich in being an athlete isnt easy, and only the most deticated make it because on the way, you dont get payed jack ****.

plug the fact that the chances of making it big is like winning the lottery in professional sports. :happy: