WinAmp quick launch in tray

...that quick program if yah know what i mean where you can bookmark yahr songs and **** (yeah, im k00l).. ahh! winamp agent was the name.. when im running it it uses ALOT of recourses (bad spelling, i know) and it generally ****s up. not any problem really, you can close it :D

one more thing: when im asking to shut down the computer, it restarts... funny :right:

Agreed, get rid of the tray icon, it's supposed to make WA load faster, but what it's really doing is keeping a thread alive and using resources when you're NOT using winamp.

I let it go for a while and it was never a problem for me :)

Yeah, the run key will make it come back next reboot. If you disable the agent instead of closing it, that should kill it too. I haven't checked my reg to see if that's the case or not.

As an interesting side note:

The agent (winampa.exe) sits in the tray, doing absolutely jack, and sucks up close to 2MB RAM for the privilege.

Winamp (winamp.exe) takes 1500k at idle - half a meg less - and when playing jumped to 3700k (3.7MB).

So tell me again why I have this little app sucking up RAM that could be better used for something else?

... i disabled the Agent and used winamp with no difficults for some hours... suddenly when im fiddling around with media player, winamp suddenly uses 70% of the system resources for no apparent reason... hmm... sucky :ermm: