[Sport] Athens 2004 - Opening Ceremony

NBA Players on International Teams:

Argentina: Carlos Delfino, Manu Ginobili, Andres Nocioni

China: Yao Ming

Lithuania: Darius Songaila

New Zealand: Sean Marks

Puerto Rico: Carlos Arroyo, Peter J. Ramos, Daniel Santiago

Spain: Pau Gasol

Serbia & Montenegro: Peja Drobnjak, Nenad Krstic, Aleksandar Pavlovic, Vladimir Radmanovic

Team USA Roster:

PG: Stephon Marbury, Dwyane Wade

SG: Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony

SF: Richard Jefferson, LeBron James

PF: Lamar Odom, Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire

C: Tim Duncan, Carlos Boozer, Emeka Okafor

Coach: Larry Brown

It started at 1pm EST, live. You people in the US get stuck with a taped broadcast from NBC at 8PM EST or something, unless you live in the north and get the CBC signal and got to watch the whole shebang live, or the rebroadcast at 7PM.

the opening ceremony was awesome!

Nah, we did it heaps better in Sydney. I was watching it, and when the Parade of Nations started, I was like "Is that it?!?". Seemed very short, and dull.

Nah, we did it heaps better in Sydney. I was watching it, and when the Parade of Nations started, I was like "Is that it?!?". Seemed very short, and dull.

Uh, I think not. :rolleyes:

Athen 2004 Olympics is defintely one of the best, if not the best. ;)

I'll watch the events alot (so few soccer games are aired here in the states :( ) but the opening ceremonies never intrested me. It's 4 hours of watching people waving :no:

...where as the Sydney Parade of Nations was very long, and dull.

...where as the Sydney Parade of Nations was very long, and dull.

Nah, I was actually refering to the ceremony being short, not the Parade of Nations (that bit is always long and boring as hell).

I still have a rush from the OC. It was some of the best free entertainment on TV I have seen in years. The torch lighting and the firework display was off the wall. And they had the nerve to say tourist won't show up for these games.