Japanese Sale Numbers: Xbox Bombing!

from mcvonline.de

GC sales up from 18,500 to 42,000

PS2 sales up from 77,000 to 82,000

Xbox sales down from 7,200 to 5,200

obvious heated the publication up of Capcoms resident Evil for the GameCube the Japanese hardware conversions from Nintendos console flagship after collections of MCV partner Media Create substantially. In the week of 18 until 24 March approximately 42,000 GameCube could be through-sold (previous week: 18,500 pieces). Resident Evil is in the regarded week on workstation 3 the system-spreading Charts behind From TV animation (PlayStation, Bandai) and Sakura Wars 4 (Dreamcast, Sega). Likewise easily rising the PS2-Durchverkauf with approximately 82,000 units (previous week approx. 77,000 St.) shows up. The Xbox numbers continued to give against it with 5.200 pieces after (previous week approx. 7,200 units).

Yeah, the XBox is being raped in JPN and EUR.

Just not what teh oveseas market wants...

Plus, I believe it's not doing so good over here, but I don't have the numbers to back that up....

ugh for MS :/

I say they should have made the most sales in Japan, it's the country with hardcore gamers i think. But then again..as kawai said..gamign in Japan might totally be different.

MS should have known that XBox won't sell well in Japan coz it's gaming heaven.....those PS2 and Gamecube rocks. Japanese gamers like japanese console games and stuff of course. PS2 rocks!

MS was planning for it. They knew it would talk off faster in the US. The plan for the JPN and EUR market was long term and didn't expect to really see a good response for 3 to 5 years.

Don't think that MS assumed Xbox would be a hit in these countries the first year.

Originally posted by Opio

Heh at least MS is trying though. Check out this pic I took in Osaka:

xboxpropaganda.jpg

And I've collected a few Japanese Xbox pamphlets... they're in EVERY game shop.

is it just me or does that guy hava a light saber, see him right there in the middle of the picture standing at the cross walk.

but anyway, This is MS first attempt at a Console, and for the most part it is the best ever, but there are just not good enough games for it yet. it's not MS fault, look at how PS2 started, it had some good launch games like SSX. but after that it was a dry spell for almost a year. i would know, i have had the system since it came out.

Its nice to see the Gamecube doing better. I think its gotten a raw deal so far. I own one and I've played all 3 current systems, and the Gamecube is just as good as the other 2.

Most Japanese don't know about the XBOX. I have asked several High school students about the XBOX and they say, what is that?

OR yeah but its made in america? Or is it a PC gaming system?

Microsoft needed to advertise more than just in the big cities,

plus they fail in terms of gaming culture, while most american boys like sports, driving, and killing games, Japanese kids like a variety of games to choose from.

For example they have game about a mosquito on Ps2, they have lots of music games where you have to use music to win the game, and they have the dating sims, anime games, etc...

XBOX failed in this department. They should have modeled their games from what PS2 was selling in Japan to even try to compete in this market.

BB