Athens 2004 - What did you most like - Opening?

The best thing about the opening for me was seeing all those nations of athletes proudly and happily entering the Olympic Stadium.

Have to admit though, the part where the aerial acrobatics with the Olympic Touch happened was quite unbelievable and totally cool. (Y)

My favorite part was (besides the torch lighting) when the woman who looked pregnant walked into the water and the DNA strand was projected on the mist. VERY cool. :yes:

I thought the "mankind" and DNA things were very cool, although I thought it was all a bit too quick and lacked detail, kind of rush. I thought it was very very short, there wasn't much "cultural" shows and all that. My favourite is still Sydney's opening ceremony :p

i liked when the Italian delegation came out.. they had the finest females compared to the rest of the world..

canada comes in second.. only because they had this beyonce look a like. OMG she was beautiful.

im still speechless. damn ceremonies almost gave me a summer cold. ****ing chills all over. Thats exactly what the world needed to see. Peace for the moment...I thought Atlanta put on a show, but now Ill rate this one as the best. WHooooohoooooooO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and the games have begun.

I missed the opening, is there a place to download it? or watch it stream?

i'm recorded it on tivo.. now, will my laziness allow me to hook up a computer to it and transfer the video file and host it.. prolly not.. you'll prolly find it on bittorrent sites.. :sleep: man i'm tired.

i'm recorded it on tivo.. now, will my laziness allow me to hook up a computer to it and transfer the video file and host it.. prolly not.. you'll prolly find it on bittorrent sites.. :sleep: man i'm tired.

its all good Vice, I did you see it yet?

The people look like they were really walking on unbroken air.

yup, i saw it from the very begining.. w/ james earl jones talking.. his voice is awesome.. like hes god or something. lol

out of the ceramony.. i'd have to say the two parts i liked where right after the centaur threw the spear up the the part w/ the chick and the guy "making love" in the water.. after that, i had to fast foreward.

i just remembered.. something that really just ****ed me off. stupid americans.. before it started they did this whole 5 minute segment on the security of the olympics.. since when the **** has that ever been a big enough issue to do a whole news segment on.. whatever happened to showing pictures of the country the olympics was at or talk about the athletes or do some.. greatest olympians.. why waste 5 minutes talking about how much money was wasted "for our security" and how many missles point towards the sky and the navy seals that are in the water.. absolutely ridiculous. ****ing stop this **** already. all that crap is not necessary.

edit:

when is the womens gymnastics going to show?

i just remembered.. something that really just ****ed me off. stupid americans.. before it started they did this whole 5 minute segment on the security of the olympics.. since when the **** has that ever been a big enough issue to do a whole news segment on.. whatever happened to showing pictures of the country the olympics was at or talk about the athletes or do some.. greatest olympians.. why waste 5 minutes talking about how much money was wasted "for our security" and how many missles point towards the sky and the navy seals that are in the water.. absolutely ridiculous. ****ing stop this **** already. all that crap is not necessary.

edit:

when is the womens gymnastics going to show?

Americans are not stupid and security is top priority there.

Americans are not stupid and security is top priority there.

no, i'm serious. is it really necessary to have a butt load of military ships out in the sea, patriot missles all over the place, navy seals surrounding greece, spy planes, blimps, helicopters?

there's probably more..

but my main point.. why spend air time talking about it. especially in the manner they did tonight (NBC channel 4)

I thought the "mankind" and DNA things were very cool, although I thought it was all a bit too quick and lacked detail, kind of rush. I thought it was very very short, there wasn't much "cultural" shows and all that. My favourite is still Sydney's opening ceremony :p

Yeah, I noticed the shortness too. Even the Salt Lake thing was longer, and that was for the traditionally smaller Winter games :blink:

Probably because the Olympics have been a target in the past.

I'm sure there are family members that couldn't go, and they want to know that their athletes are being taken good care of while overseas.

no, i'm serious. is it really necessary to have a butt load of military ships out in the sea, patriot missles all over the place, navy seals surrounding greece, spy planes, blimps, helicopters?

there's probably more..

but my main point.. why spend air time talking about it. especially in the manner they did tonight (NBC channel 4)

After 9/11, security @ high profile events, specially the Olympics is majorly necessary.

I enjoyed the ceromony, its odd seeing a nation send 500+ athletes while some only have 1 representing them.

Yup, I thought about that too.

That's kinda how the world works though I guess. You have your superpowers and then you have your small countries.