Canon N650U Scanner WIA drivers

anyone? apparently they were also included on a cd if you bought a Canon N1240U Scanner. So if you have that, hook me up :D I think all the WIA drivers combined were something like 600k zipped up.

Wow. I seriously did not expect to be able to help in this thread, and I just randomly clicked on the title, but as it turns out I may be able to help you out Spyder. I don't know if it's my love for Canon (I have the Powershot A70, the N1240U scanner, and a laser printer by them) or just some twist of fate, but let's see what I can do to help. ;)

Alright. As I said, I do have the N1240U scanner, and after tearing my room apart after reading your second post, I finally found the CD that came with the scanner. However, I have no idea where to look on the CD for the drivers you seek.

From inspecting the CD, it looks like it has support for the N670U, N676U, and N1240U scanners, but I cannot find any mention of the N650U. :(

If you're willing to help me look for it, I'll scour every bit of the CD to find the drivers you want though. :D

I've got a n650u & the last driver files i have are around 10meg, if you still want them then let me know.

I think those are the TWAIN drivers for the scanner. I'm almost positive that the WIA drivers for the scanner would be a much smaller file.

If you have the CD that came with the scanner, then you should have the WIA drivers on there.

Thanks for the help guys. Tuco, those are the twain drivers unfortunately

BUT!

I've managed to get a hold of them! :D Nice little 7mb package with WIA drivers for the following models..

CanoScan N670U/N676U

CanoScan N1240U

CanoScan N650U/N656U

CanoScan N1220U

CanoScan D646U

CanoScan D660U

CanoScan D1230U/D1230UF

CanoScan D2400U/D2400UF

Thanks for the posts guys!

Edited by Spyder

• 1 year later...

I know -- raised from dead - but...

I've got the d660u - I can scan with it from the Canon utils - but all the WIA apps (MS Paint, Paint.Net) don't show the device as active.

Anyone can help -- or point me to that driver download?

Thanks... Chad

• 1 month later...

Spyder or anyone still following this thread,

I'm looking for the CanoScan N 650U WIA Driver.

Can you point me to the URL please ?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue, TWAIN drivers are no longer working for me and I'm tired of troubleshooting this.

PLEASE please please, if anyone has the driver, can they send it to me ?

Amazingly I still get quite a few PM requests from this thread. Just as an update, yes, I still have the WIA drivers. The only reason I don't link them is because they're currently on my private ISP webspace and I don't want to risk exceeding bandwidth (they offer VERY little).

If anyone has any good suggestions on a free file hosting website that will take a ~7mb file and not delete it after a certain amount of time, please let me know. I'll upload it and link it in this thread for future requests/interest.

Thanks.

ok.. here's a download link for the Canon scanner WIA drivers:

following models are supported

CanoScan N670U/N676U

CanoScan N1240U

CanoScan N650U/N656U

CanoScan N1220U

CanoScan D646U

CanoScan D660U

CanoScan D1230U/D1230UF

CanoScan D2400U/D2400UF

Enjoy

• 9 months later...

Can you help please?

Your download link no longer works, and I need the WIA drivers for a Canon N1240U. Any ideas where I can find them now?

Thanks.

HI

I'm french

i don't can download the file for my n650u scanner for windows vista, because the link is corrupted

please help me, is it possible to send the file by mail ?

thanks

best regards

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also looking for the Canon N650U WIA drivers and I can't finde them anywhere

I wonder if they exist? I hope spyder is still around as his link doesn't work anymore... :cry:

Please let me know if anyone could share them...

Greatly appreciate it.

Cheers!!

Here is the direct download link: http://devrjan.googlepages.com/canonwia.7z

You'll need 7-Zip to extract the package.

++Thanks, I downloaded the files and unzipped them using 7-zip.

However my computer knowledge is not huge, so I haven't succeeded in finding the program that executes the installation... Is it because I use Vista instead of XP? According to Canons website The Canoscan N650U is not Vista-applicable. What do I do then?

Thanks for any help! I would hate having to replace a perfectly good scanner due to the manufacturers lack of SW-upgrades...

best regards,

Bettina