Givin up cd burning

I have looked in hundreds of places without succeed to get my cd burning software to work in XP. I have tryed Cdrwin, WinonCd 3.8, Easy cd creator 5, Clone Cd. Noone works. Im so tired of this:right: I have to wait and hope they come up with some patches soon. Grrrrrrr!!!

Can you please be more specific about your problem? Did you recieve any error? What build are you running 2600 CORP? Because CloneCD works fine with me. (2600CORP01-08-17)

By any chance have you bothered to install ASPI layers?

XP is like 2K they both come with no ASPI layers which is needed by alot of burning programs

If you havent installed it yet then goto http://www.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/downloads.htm and get Force ASPI and ASPI Check

use Force ASPI to install the ASPI Layers and be sure to read the index.htm first as how to use it then reboot and use ASPI Check to make sure it all worked out ok

Originally posted by Sauron

I have looked in hundreds of places without succeed to get my cd burning software to work in XP. I have tryed Cdrwin, WinonCd 3.8, Easy cd creator 5, Clone Cd. Noone works. Im so tired of this:right: I have to wait and hope they come up with some patches soon. Grrrrrrr!!!

Easy CD Creator 5 is not meant to work on XP, they said they will release 5.1 for XP (anyone know when?)

Use Nero ;)

For sometime now, i have not been burning my games and applications that i have been getting..

If you have enough Hard Drive space, keep the ISO, or Bin file on your HDD and use this program called "Daemon Tools"

It is really frigging cool, and works great!

DAEMON TOOLS

:evil:

A friend of mine couldn't burn after he installed the 4.3x 4in1 drivers.

He reverted back to win-xp default and it's oke.

I don't own a viachipset it may not even be your problem but I thought I should mention it, intel 440BX still rulez ;)

Originally posted by scuba

For sometime now, i have not been burning my games and applications that i have been getting..

If you have enough Hard Drive space, keep the ISO, or Bin file on your HDD and use this program called "Daemon Tools"

It is really frigging cool, and works great!

DAEMON TOOLS

:evil:

Daemon Tools rules. ;) It's a shame Diablo 2 (before expansion) won't work with the latest version, had to revert back to 2.6 to get it working again.

I run the 2600 build and uses Nero, Fireburner and CloneCd without any problems.

Haven installed any aspi layers files or anthing.

Just had to use the nero dll file to get fireburner working and thats about it.

And i have a via chipset and burning works both with via drivers and with the xp default ones.

I may be having similar problems. I've given up CD burning for a while now, but I'm running out of space for ISO/BINs. I've tried CDRWIN 3.8E, 4.0A, and Nero 5.5.4.0. What happens is both programs say that the CD was recorded successfully, but then both the Plextor 16/10/40 CD-RW and my Pioneer DVD106s cannot read the CD. It shows up as empty in My Computer. If I use Nero's "Medium Info" it shows that there are the correct sessions on the disc, but ISO Buster gives the Read Error: "The Primary Volume Descriptor (PVD) is unreadable. Read error at address 16. Device reported error 03/02/82."

WTF? I've tried several discs and they all burn "successfully" but once burnt, they can't be read from. The only cds that I could get access to were the 3 Mandrake 8.1 installation CDs. The files seemed ok in winXP, and I could even boot from them and start the installation, but once file copying started, I got errors saying files could not be found.

I have a VIA mobo, you can check my specs in my sig, but I don't think I have the 4in1s installed as they just screwed things up for me.

Weird, I don't see them putting WindowsXP on their System Requirement, just 2000,me,nt,98. And there's nothing related to WindowsXP in their FAQ page also. Where did you get the info that they've announce their support for XP?

Well I given up trying to burn any CD's. I have a HP CD-Writer 8200 Series (external). I have NTI CD Maker 2000 Professional and it is XP compatible already.

My problem is this; when I try to burn a CD Windows. I also have Windows XP Pro. v2600. Windows XP Burning function try to overwrite NTI Software, and when I select no action taken NTI starts verify, starts.......................................................................,well I guess thats my burning. 5 hours after a coffee, lunch, dinner a cocktail.....................................verifing......................................I have to hit CTRL, ALT, DEL to stop it.

Now if I choose to accept Windows option to burn my CD, Windows starts to verify the file and it goes along pretty well until it states 5 seconds left, well after I go to the Grocery, check the mail and go for a walk and just Bu**T, I come back to my computer and it still says 5 seconds left. I have to hit the CTRL, ALT, DEL again. Sometimes I have to reboot. Thats after a few hours as well.

I know that HP has not release a XP driver yet, but their website states that Microsoft and HP has agreement or something!?

I do not know what is going on. If any one has suggestions, I would appreciate it.