Longhorn Glass Browser Demo

does it happen only with me?

could be nice if it could look normal 

All I can say is: :rofl: :whistle:

Yeah, so the bugs in the app. are an adventure in and of themselves, hehe. Still, I think I can fix most... and if someone can make a good implementation of the WebBrowser object that is as usuable as IE, then it would be worth it to perfect the graphics and integrate the WebBrowser. Volunteers? Also, a shadow drawer by someone would be nice... and I think I can replace some of those forms with something drawn by DirectX, myself :ninja:

Isn't it Purtty? I realized you can do this :happy: Also, I think I am joining the AeroBrowser team, and if I can comprehend their code, the Glass features of this demo may be incorporated into their App.

post-94-1092850185.jpg

looks nice, but you have a BIG issue (bigger than any other bug mentioned here) - the app uses WAYYYYYYYY too many GDI handles, causing it to not start if you have 5-6 other apps open, and causes windows to refuse to open any more windows because it has no more handles to assign. otherwise, it works pretty good here (pentium m 2.0ghz and ati mobility 9600)

looks nice, but you have a BIG issue (bigger than any other bug mentioned here) - the app uses WAYYYYYYYY too many GDI handles, causing it to not start if you have 5-6 other apps open, and causes windows to refuse to open any more windows because it has no more handles to assign. otherwise, it works pretty good here (pentium m 2.0ghz and ati mobility 9600)

Thanks for pointing that out. It uses up to 20 windows, so tons of handles must be used. But I tried to replicate that issue (see below - I opened as many apps as my poor 1GHz tablet PC taskbar would hold) and couldn't. Still, if I develop anything else (remember, I didn't plan on it), I'll reduce the window count.

As for Mozilla... try the 'Help for Netscape/Mozilla Users' link ;)

And Demo = This is not even an Alpha build. It's somethiing I threw together for amusement. Don't worry, there's no full version. (but if you would like, paypal US$ 20 to thrawnJ/K@berkeley.edu and see what happens...)

post-94-1092856429.jpg

• 2 months later...
what exactly is the point in this? so u can read the window behind it? Just makes it look confusing.

anyone care to explain why this is so cool

584846271[/snapback]

cuz itz coolz :cool:

ok now that this thread is revived, any news on this?

I was kidding about the donations, hehe. As of now, it isn't a "project" per se - it's just something I threw together when I had nothing better to do. Really, I know how to improve/perfect the GUI, so I could if I wanted to. Fact is, I don't have the experience with web browsers to write an implementation better than the one in the Demo, so if someone could help me (a lot) with browser, this thing could become a product.

Anyone want to step up to the plate? Also, there might be Visual Basic source codes for fair browsers already out there, so if someone has a copy...

• 2 weeks later...

This little application have a very good style :D :D

I don't use ir everytime only because it have some bugs, but i really like the style.

Excellent job. Congratulations!

-------------------------------------------------

I'm Portuguese. Sorry fot the bad english.