Easy Programming Language

Question

Whatever the language, if you want to do simple stuff it's gonna be easy, and complex stuff is going to be hard. Sure, the equivalent of

PRINT "Hello World!"

in BASIC is, in C++:

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
std::cout << "Hello World!" << std::endl;
}

but that doesn't mean much. Try programming a mildly complex thing like a text-based adventure game, and it's going to be just as hard in BASIC as in C++.

You want to know which programming langauage is easy to learn. It is very difficult to define which language is easy to learn. But you want learn than you can start with 'C '. C language is the most important language.

But C is easy only on starting label. I prefer you C language because C is the Base of programming langauges

If you Know 'C' Language than you can learn any language easily.

thanks.............

You want to know which programming langauage is easy to learn. It is very difficult to define which language is easy to learn. But you want learn than you can start with 'C '. C language is the most important language.

But C is easy only on starting label. I prefer you C language because C is the Base of programming langauges

If you Know 'C' Language than you can learn any language easily.

thanks.............

I agree that C is a good start, but I don't recommend getting too deep into it unless you enjoy it. It is rather unique in that it has no native string type, unlike C++ (my personal favorite, a step up from C), JavaScript, Java, PHP, Python (my second-place favorite), C#, etc. It is the basis of many languages, but it is not always the most fun.

I personally would recommend Python if it wasn't for the fact that, in my opinion, the exposure to floating-point rounding errors, the lack of numerical limits and other such things are healthy for a beginner. After all, it was designed to be an easy language to use, but with most languages like C++, Java or C# (currently, those three are in-demand languages), you have a maximum value and a minimum value for a number, like 4294967295 is the maximum for an unsigned 32-bit integer. Python has no limits, so you can use 8.2*10[super]20[/super], and Python will be fine with it as long as you have enough memory to store the value.

I would say try C++ or even JavaScript. You can use JavaScript easily since Internet Explorer, Firefox, and many other browsers have a JavaScript engine in them already. The downside to JS is the fact that it is a weakly-typed language, meaning that you can do this pretty much:

var name = "Bob";
var temperature = 37;
document.writeln("Hello, " + name + "! It is approximately " + temperature + " degrees centigrade in your body right now if you aren't sick!");

In a more strongly-typed language like C or C++, there would be an error because temperature is a number. However, JavaScript can convert it to a string, so it automatically does that.

I agree that C is a good start, but I don't recommend getting too deep into it unless you enjoy it. It is rather unique in that it has no native string type, unlike C++ (my personal favorite, a step up from C), JavaScript, Java, PHP, Python (my second-place favorite), C#, etc. It is the basis of many languages, but it is not always the most fun.

I personally would recommend Python if it wasn't for the fact that, in my opinion, the exposure to floating-point rounding errors, the lack of numerical limits and other such things are healthy for a beginner. After all, it was designed to be an easy language to use, but with most languages like C++, Java or C# (currently, those three are in-demand languages), you have a maximum value and a minimum value for a number, like 4294967295 is the maximum for an unsigned 32-bit integer. Python has no limits, so you can use 8.2*10[super]20[/super], and Python will be fine with it as long as you have enough memory to store the value.

I would say try C++ or even JavaScript. You can use JavaScript easily since Internet Explorer, Firefox, and many other browsers have a JavaScript engine in them already. The downside to JS is the fact that it is a weakly-typed language, meaning that you can do this pretty much:

var name = "Bob";
var temperature = 37;
document.writeln("Hello, " + name + "! It is approximately " + temperature + " degrees centigrade in your body right now if you aren't sick!");

In a more strongly-typed language like C or C++, there would be an error because temperature is a number. However, JavaScript can convert it to a string, so it automatically does that.

Well, technically there's no print statement like that in C or C++. In C, you would do:

printf(Hello %s! It is approximately %d degrees centigrade in your body right now if you aren't sick!",name,temperature);

and in C++, it would be:

cout << "Hello " << name << "!  It is approximately " << temperature << " degrees centigrade in your body right now if you aren't sick!"

And that's probably a bad example of typing anyways, since Java would allow you to do the same thing:

System.out.println(("Hello, " + name + "! It is approximately " + temperature + " degrees centigrade in your body right now if you aren't sick!");

Then again, Java would autobox that into an Integer object and then use the toString(); method.

C#... :)

using System;

class Main()
 {
   public static int Main()
   {
	  Console.WriteLine("Hello World.");
	  return 0;
   }
 }

Coming from C++, that seems ambiguous. When you write Main(), does that create an instance of the Main class or does it call the Main() function? :p

Edited by rpgfan

C#... :)

using System;

class Main()
{
  public static int Main()
  {
	 Console.WriteLine("Hello World.");
	 return 0;
  }
}

C# - "So Simple you can have 2 Errors in 1 Hello World"?>

But yeah, C# is a great start for desktop applications. PHP is much easier if you're wanting web 'applications' though.

Coming from C++, that seems ambiguous. When you write Main(), does that create an instance of the Main class or does it call the Main() function? :p
The Main() is static so that it can be executed by the virtual machine without having to create an instance of the Main class.

Personally I think PHP is very easy (and I'm sure it is very handy for a web programmer!). Also, C++, Basic and Pascal are very easy :)

def index(req):
	req.content_type = 'text/plain'
	req.write('Try Python')

Sorry, but mod_python has swayed me from PHP to the dark side of Python...and I don't care. :p

Well, everyone knows I'm gonna say C#, but truthfully, start something that has a c-like syntax. Means picking up other languages like C#, Java, etc. is relatively easy.

php and html are too much easy languages . but no one can say which is easy language that totally depend on the interest of person .

HTML is not a programming language though.

For programming video games, the easiest - without sacrificing flexibility too much - is C# with XNA Game Studio. One thing I'm wondering though, is that C# and VB use pointers (well they call it "references" but it is pointers really) for heap-allocated objects, and personally it was working with C++ explicit pointer syntax that allowed me to understand the notion of pointers properly. And you can't mess around in C# for very long without understanding what you're dealing with behind the scenes, it's not because there's no * and -> that it doesn't behave like pointers.

Easiest probably BASIC

Semi Easy probably Python, AutoIT, KiXtart, WSH

Most useful to learn probably C/C++ {once you have a firm grasp others should come easy}

Useful for Web ASP, PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, JScript, etc...

Slysoft is offering a pretty good job for C++ developers in Antigua (West Indies), Caribbean for ?60,000 (after taxes)

benefits such as 25 days holiday, bonuses, free accommodations, and free vehicle.