Getting Man Utd tickets?

Hey, I want to grab a pair of tickets for my Dads 50th birthday present, we're both Man Utd fans but have never been to Old Trafford so it'll be a cool gift. Do tickets ever go on general sale at all? I'm looking here and it's only to Match Members, what the hell are they? :s

its really hard to get tickets unfortuntly :/ I have tried to get liverpool tickets before but not succedded and I can imagin it is even harder to find some for united :wacko:

What game are you intressted in seeing?

Check ebay, they usually sell tickets there but it will cost you a lot I think :/

edit: just checked and couldnt find any for a united game :/

That's for the champions league match, I'm after home prem tickets :/ the date I'm not really fussed about.

Edit, I can get tickets by going for the package thing, that's ?232 for 2 people with an overnight stay plus tickets, I guess that's doable:unsure::

I don't find it hard going to Utd games, I go to loads now and that's not including my dad's season ticket. But, I think that's due to who I know and where I live cos' I live like 15 mins from Old Trafford.

But anyway, have you tried ringing the ticket office, they might help or some private coach firms do good deals for travelling and tickets etc.

It takes over 7 hours to get to manchester by coach according to National Express, so it's gonna be a train job, I think I'm gonna ring the ticket office today to see if I can get something for later in the year.

wow 232 isnt that bad at all!, what game is that for? Before when I checked for tickets one ticket without overnight stay went for just below that... Maybe because I am always out tolate :/

Man Utd VS Middlesbrough on the 3rd October.

Problem being it's a 3PM sunday kick off and the earliest train on the Sunday gets to Manchester at 3 PM :|

Yeah, go the day before and you can experinece the delights on Manchester's shopping.

The Trafford Centre and Manchester Picadilly are really good for shopping :D :D

You can easily get tickets:

Basically, i don't go to every home match, because i sometimes cannot. However if you go 2 hours before a match:

Go outside N14 (THINK THAT'S THE NAME - It's an entrance to the ground on the North Side)

There's a guy there called 'bob' (yep, that's his name), he's about 60, and sells them. They r real. and he does them for around 30 pounds. I can get his number on weds as im meeting him to get tickets for the match on weds if you want?

There are also many other people doing this

You can try ringing up Utd, for small games they have tickets

Let me know if you want the phone number!

---- I however only use this guy for non-prem matches as i get prem matches for free as i work at a car-park at Old Trafford (i wear a silly big yellow jacket) and get a ticket out of that for 3 hours work pre-match!

Duran (MANCHESTER UNITED R THE BEST)!!!!

And yes, i would stay over: Manchester is great!!!!

You can go to the TC, the printworks, centre of town, selfidges, harbey nickols, great atmosphere... and like all other places, ' a starbucks at every corner' lol

Ye, theres loads of poeple who sell tickets before a game infront of the standium, but it depends on what game you want as if it's a bigger game then the prices can go way up

I would agree with Powa:

'Bob' for example at the 'Porto' Vs Untd match when United got kicked out of the Champ League he charges me for 2 tickets ?140, so 70 each. pretty expensive! But wow, the atmopshere at that match! The best ever, until the last minute:(( Damn Porto!!!!!