Fantasy Football Trade...

I have Stephen Davis and the Panthers Defense;

I was offered Deuce McAllister and the Falcons Defense.

I know the Falcons Defense isn't that good, but the Panthers have a brutal schedule this year.

I'm worried about Davis splitting carries with a healthy DeShaun Foster and Davis's injury prone ways the past couple of seasons.

I think it would be worth it to get McAllister because of his consistency and a re-vamped O-line in The Big Easy.

By the way, I have the Saints D as a backup, which should be somewhat solid this year.

What do you think?

I know the Falcons Defense isn't that good, but the Panthers have a brutal schedule this year.

I'm worried about Davis splitting carries with a healthy DeShaun Foster and Davis's injury prone ways the past couple of seasons.

I think it would be worth it to get McAllister because of his consistency and a re-vamped O-line in The Big Easy.

By the way, I have the Saints D as a backup, which should be somewhat solid this year.

What do you think?

You jump all over that trade....

deuce may explode this season.

it is just a shame that the saints do not really have a passing threat to open up the running game. horn is good and all, but they really lack depth at that position imo.

Experience:

Joe Horn: 9 years

Talman Gardner: 2 years

Milo Lewis: 0 years

Chris Vance: 0 years

Kerwin Cook: 1 years

:no:

With Joe Horn on one side, and a healthy Donte Stallworth on the other, I think the Saints passing attack will be decent. I hope Aaron Brooks can keep the int's down this year and keep the offense on the field longer than the past two. If Brooks can keep it under control, McAllister can do some major damage. By the way, what do you think about Portis in Washington? Same stats as last year? Better? Worse? I think that Gibbs will run him to death, but the O-line is a big question mark.

stallworth is not listed on the espn.com depth chart for the saints...

edit: oh, dumb me only saw one side of the depth chart. ahhaha... i had my window too small. but anyways, they just do not seem to have the real passing attack to open the running game up. if i played them, i would stack my d allover mcallister and brooks... shut that running game right down.

to be honest, portis would be my #1 fantasy rb pick hands down.

Thanks for the feedback toxikk. :D Good point with the Defense. I would do the same thing, that's what worries me. I just hope McAllister has the ability to get through that setup.

I also had someone offer me a trade for Chad Johnson from Cinncinati. He is one of the most consistent recievers in the league. I am almost willing to give him up, with Carson Palmer at the healm at C. Should I? I was offered Steve Smith from Carolina.....I don't think I should, but I am willing to listen to opinions. Also - I have Byron Leftwhich at QB. I think he should have an outstaning year, but I hear otherwise. Would you bench him for an over-aged Brad Johnson?

i would start byron and use bran when you need him.

i would keep johnson. cincy is gonna have another great year, especially with palmer at the helm. the great thing is, by them starting palmer, they add mad experience to the backup role and can use kitna whenever needed. he is not the greatest qb in the game, but i think by not letting palmer start and letting him go this year, is a really great move. johnson is gonna have a huge year i think.

I hope you're right about Johnson. I had him last year and he did nothing but impress me. I hope he repeats it this year. I also picked up Larry Fitzgerald as a 3rd wide reciever, which I think he could be the sleeper of the draft. With Anquan Boldin being out for 8-12, he will jump into the number 1 role in Arizona. I hope I am right.

I also had someone offer me a trade for Chad Johnson from Cinncinati. He is one of the most consistent recievers in the league. I am almost willing to give him up, with Carson Palmer at the healm at C. Should I? I was offered Steve Smith from Carolina.....I don't think I should, but I am willing to listen to opinions. Also - I have Byron Leftwhich at QB. I think he should have an outstaning year, but I hear otherwise. Would you bench him for an over-aged Brad Johnson?

I would keep Chad Johnson because he's the only certain option Palmer has right now. I like Delhomme and Carolina's offense, but they have some real good receivers other than Smith to pick up catches.

As for Leftwich, I wouldn't start him right away. Brad Johnson did not have THAT bad of a year last year (at least compared to Leftwich), and with Tim Brown in Tampa, I think Gruden is going to open the passing a little more. Plus, their running back is really another receiver in Charlie Garner, which gives Johnson the outlet he hasn't had in a while. I think he'll put up some real good numbers this year.

Brad Johnson did not have THAT bad of a year last year (at least compared to Leftwich), and with Tim Brown in Tampa, I think Gruden is going to open the passing a little more. Plus, their running back is really another receiver in Charlie Garner, which gives Johnson the outlet he hasn't had in a while. I think he'll put up some real good numbers this year.

true that.

i didnt think of that. :cool:

What do you think?

I wouldnt do it, have you seen the panthers this pre season? there d is awesome. Plus Stephen Davis is dangerous when healthy, look at lasts years stats.

Bottom line- Deuce is decent but not as good as davis

Falcons defense isnt anywhere close to carolinas.