[olympic] usa vs Lithuania

YEY, Lithuania finally defeated dream team!!!!! i am sooooo happy :laugh:

and proud of my countrymen :woot:

they arn't much of a dream team, the good USA players all refused to go to the olympics

Great game for the first 3 quarters -- both teams tried. US slacked off last quarter... they're not winning the gold, it's that simple -- they slack off WAY too much.

Tells sth. about US players attitude. If there's no money involved they give a ****. There was only one true dreamteam '92, all other were no dream teams. And this one is certainly a suck team :D

YEY, Lithuania finally defeated dream team!!!!! i am sooooo happy :laugh:

and proud of my countrymen :woot:

i wouldnt call this years team a dream team... more like a nightmare team, but congrats to Lithuania

I wouldn't go so far to say that this year's USA basketball team doesn't care. That's not fair to them. There's no way they would spend their off-season half way across the world and lose. These other countries are just better at team basketball, plain and simple. They try, but fact of the matter is, the skills in the NBA are severly lacking compared to the rest of the world.

How many games left to lose until they are sent home?

The USA plays again Monday and after that it's onto the medal rounds. If they lose, they are out.

I wouldn't go so far to say that this year's USA basketball team doesn't care. That's not fair to them. There's no way they would spend their off-season half way across the world and lose. These other countries are just better at team basketball, plain and simple. They try, but fact of the matter is, the skills in the NBA are severly lacking compared to the rest of the world.

u can have the best players in the world and still not have a good team because they just cant work together... i've played on teams (hockey... yea i know its not baskebtall) with some of the top scorers in the province and the league and we couldnt get sh!t done in terms of wins. I've also played on a team with mediocre players, no blowout superstars or anything, just a good team, and we've gone to tournmants with that team... so i think it was just a bad selection this year

I'm not saying they're not trying... I'm saying they're not trying as hard as I know they can.

Of course they're at a disadvantage not being a real team -- but it never has been that way before for the United States.

Why??:oo

Aren't they paid to play in the Olympics?

Specially the brands?

but its the Olympics for people (amatures) striving to be the best the world's greatest"? They already get paid big bucks for nothing. They be paid to rep the country they work in.

damn the American Basketball team.

Edited by Mister Lamar

Olympians being paid for what they do would be stupid. It would take the whole meaning of the game away. Not to mention it'd screw over any ameteurs who want to win a gold -- you have to go pro if you accept money to play in almost any sport.

I'm sure they'll get over it and win on Monday. Ever since their embarassment against Puerto Rico, they have been improving every game. They were at one point beating Lithuania until Lithuania got that 4 point play.

The US team is definately getting better the longer they remain there. They just need to learn how to pull themselves away from the other team. When they are ahead by 5 or 6, they cannot manage to get that 3 pointer or that slam dunk that pulls them ahead by a considerable margin, and at the same time, shifting the momentum towards them.

Well the players from the other countries also play in their leagues (some in the NBA) and don't get to practice as a team very often either. I think it's more of a attitude thing, the NBA players come from the best league in the world so they think they can beat every other team in the world 120 to 70 wihout even trying. That was certainly true for the original dream team, but other countries caught up now, it's not a walk in the park anymore!