Adobe Acrobat problem

Few days ago i installed windowsXP 2600 and Adobe acrobat Reader 5.0 and the program was running normally.

Yesterday i installed Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (the full program to create PDF) and after that not only the acrobat is not running, but also acrobat reader not running.

I uninstalled acrobat , reinstall reader and again is not running the reader.

Any suggestions?

I was checking out Adobe's Site and I noticed they don't mention XP in system requirements, you may have to wait for an Adobe Fix

From Adobe.com--------------------

System Requirements

Acrobat 5.0 for Windows

This plug-in runs under Microsoft Windows 95 OSR 2.0, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0 with SP 5 or SP 6, or Windows 2000. Each system should have at least 64 MB (128 MB recommended) of RAM per processor, 200 MB of virtual memory, and 5 MB of disk space available.

I have been running the latest version of Acrobat without problems. (never installed the reader version). During the install acrobat put a file in your "Start up" folder. Make sure it is still there. I removed it at first and Acrobat would not run. Ever since I have put it back in the folder I am all good...

It used to work without it in WindowsME tho...

WHY didn't M$ include a PDF viewer in WinXP? I HATE having to download Acrobat all the time [because I format a bit too often]. At the moment I have Acrobat 4 installed because I got it off a CD [like HELL I'm gonna download it AGAIN!] and it works fine.

Yeah pdf has become such a standard it would have been nice to have a viewer built-in. Whenever I reinstall I usually leave installing Acrobat reader until it is absolutely necessary.

Whenever I reinstall I usually leave installing Acrobat reader until it is absolutely necessary.

It's SO true. I only installed it because a computer store website needed PDF for viewing the price list.