[NFL] Starting QB for Giants

Who is it going to be?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is it going to be?

• Eli Manning
    • Kurt Warner

I for one believe it should be Warner, its basically his job to lose. Eventually Eli will overtake him at some point during the season...but its just stupid to start Eli now when you have a proven quarterback behind him brought in to mentor the kid. Yea, Kurt fell apart in St. Louis, but I think this change of scenery might actually help him get back on his feet...Just as long as his wife shuts up :laugh:

Yes, put Eli as a starter and watch he become the next Ryan Leaf :rolleyes:

In my opinion, let Warner start the first few games, and in between, give Eli some snaps in those games. Best way to get a rookie started.

If Eli Manning starts game #1, which will be against the Eagles, it will be suicide. With Darth Dawkins, now that he is back, and the Freak, Eli Manning's career is going to be cut short. If I were the Giants, I would put Kurt Warner in to take the beating, Eli is too small to handle it.

Edited by jmole

wait, what happened to palmer? who does he play for now?

Don't be surprised if he plays this year. Knowing that Warner is old and that Eli is just a rookie and may screw up, they can give Palmer a chance. Laugh all you want, but I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened.

By the way, according to Tiki Barber on PTI, Palmer has been working very hard in training camp and looks pretty good. So, expect the unexpected ;)

I like Eli, I'm thinking he will do good but not for another year, let Warner start the season and see where it heads you and let Eli takeover if it's going downhill.

i say let Warner start this year, let Eli take a few snaps in blowouts.. Eli would be better off learning from a former super bowl champ this year

I'd go with Warner. He's a vet of the hardcore stuff.

I feel really bad that he has had those finger injuries. They really seem to have screwed up his ability to handle the ball, which seems to be why he got axed from the Rams (upgrateful scumbags). I hope his hands and fingers are all fully healed and that his concussions have not hampered him permanently.

If he goes down the tubes, it will be a sad end to a brilliantly uplifiting story.