[olympic] **SPOILER**US vs Argentina

US is losing ... against Argentina! I didn't even know they play Basketball in Argentina ... embarassing.

embarassing is that u dont know anything about America Continent.........i get mad just thinkin that there are some people who think america is just US...........in fact i think Argentina was the first team that beat the Dream Team few years ago, i might be wrong.....learn history from other places gosh111

embarassing is that u dont know anything about America Continent.........i get mad just thinkin that there are some people who think america is just US...........in fact i think Argentina was the first team that beat the Dream Team few years ago, i might be wrong.....learn history from other places gosh111

totally agree...:yes::

CBC showing it. Nice thing about canada we get CBC, french CBC, TSN (affiliate to cbc or something), and nbc all showing different stuff. Some of it live some of it taped.

********** SPOILER ************

Argentina: 89 USA: 81

US is losing ... against Argentina! I didn't even know they play Basketball in Argentina ... embarassing.

Ignorant comment of the month.

U should reasearch on it, and see who has won championships and what not. Look up Ginobli, and san antonio spurs.

Awesome game Argentina, we got a medal guaranteed no matter what

Vamos Argentina

:rolleyes:

Our bball coach back in highschool was Argentinian. He's getting close to 60 yrs old, but is still one of the best players I've seen. He always had interesting bball stories from his childhood back in Argentina.

You should take a look at the 'imports' in the NBA. BBall isn't reserved for Americans alone.

I think in the year of each summer olympics they should have the prior year defending nba champs play instead of putting together a bunch of stars that have never played together... that's just my 2 cents anyways.. :)

Congrats to Argentina. I LOVE the US losing in basketball. That is hilarious. They're all a bunch of ball-hogs trying to impress the rest of the world with how good they think they are. Too many big ego's on one team is a bad thing. :p

Wave' date='Aug 27 2004, 14:28'] Congrats to Argentina. I LOVE the US losing in basketball. That is hilarious. They're all a bunch of ball-hogs trying to impress the rest of the world with how good they think they are. Too many big ego's on one team is a bad thing. :p

Agreed! Congrats Argentina!

Congradulations to Argentina! Finally I don't have to sit through that American Anthem (even though I live the US, I was not born there and, I hate it!).....any way, the reason, imo, the USA sucked in this olymics, is becasue of thier Defense, and surprising to me thier coaching. Opponents left open for in every single game, what about running an outside zone?....The players chosen were built for the NBA game but were incapable of adjusting, horrible recruiting, imo.

I think i know more about the american continent than you do. And guess what the #1 sport in Argentina is by far ... football (soccer to americans)! So losing against Argentina in BB is a big shame. Don't take your anger on me, not my fault.

Wave,Aug 27 2004, 19:28] Congrats to Argentina. I LOVE the US losing in basketball. That is hilarious. They're all a bunch of ball-hogs trying to impress the rest of the world with how good they think they are. Too many big ego's on one team is a bad thing. :p

That about sums it up perfectly.

I think i know more about the american continent than you do. And guess what the #1 sport in Argentina is by far ... football (soccer to americans)! So losing against Argentina in BB is a big shame. Don't take your anger on me, not my fault.

Who are you talking to? No one is mad...

It really isn't a shame because like I said, the U.S Olympic team wasn't made up of that many great players.

That about sums it up perfectly.

I don't think that its about egos (well maybe it is), I think that its more about the coaching doing a horrible job. I am very happy that the USA lost, but I am nevertheless shocked how the USA coaching staff could not get the team together...I though Larry Brown and Gregg Popovich were good coaches, coaching thier teams to the finals, i guess I was wrong :)

i dont care.

when you have guys on the team that probly make more in their careers than the entire argentina team combined will in their lifetime, you BETTER win.

period.

now lose the bronze medal game, and come back over here where you can rap and play meaningless games for your 100 million.

pitiful.

i dont care.

when you have guys on the team that probly make more in their careers than the entire argentina team combined will in their lifetime, you BETTER win.

period.

now lose the bronze medal game, and come back over here where you can rap and play meaningless games for your 100 million.

pitiful.

Agreed. They should have done whatever it took to win a medal. Too much money (and ego's) hurts you in the end.

btw

I am and probably will continue to be poor so my ego and money allow me to make those comments!

Wave,Aug 27 2004, 15:28] Congrats to Argentina. I LOVE the US losing in basketball. That is hilarious. They're all a bunch of ball-hogs trying to impress the rest of the world with how good they think they are. Too many big ego's on one team is a bad thing. :p

Amen to that! This is the highlight of the olympics for me. :D