Paula Radcliffe?

Does anyone, like me think that she shouldn't have been allowed in the 10,000. She dropped out again!!!

Talk about bottling it.

She knew what the weather would be like just like the others did, but blames it anyway (for the marathon at least, 10,000 only just finished).

What do other people think about this.

I?m half and half - She should have because what has she got to lose, but she shouldn?t because she didn?t have the physical strength to do it !!!

imo and im prob wrong but shes a quitter, i think she only laps out cause she knows shes lost a chance of a medal... she could easily have finished 10k, flip sake i could run 10k and even if she finished last and lapped 10 times atleast she finishes

imo and im prob wrong but shes a quitter, i think she only laps out cause she knows shes lost a chance of a medal...

she was stuggling from the start, she couldn't do her usual race plan and lead from the front. she looked in more pain than she normally does. QUITTER who is that runs 15 miles every morning at 6 am and then a further 6 miles at nite.

and like anyone on this board can comment how many pro long distance runners are there in here. :angry: :angry: :angry:

QUITTER who is that runs 15 miles every morning at 6 am and then a further 6 miles at nite.

and like anyone on this board can comment how many pro long distance runners are there in here.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

well said... :yes:

its not easy being an athelete, takes alot of hard work for like 4 yearstraining , everyday, then you can be a worlds best.. :)

I am assuming this is about sports......Moved herei>

yes, its about an olympic 10,000 meter runner...

anyway, no way imo, should some one just drop out like that! Everyone has a fair advantage, for sports sake, when everyone is running in the same arena! Just because you think that its hard to run in the heat, the other athletes think the same exact thing!

I appreciate that it takes a lot of dedication to be an athlete (especially long distance). But if you are running for your country, you should do the best you can. This does not (IMO) include dropping out because you are out of the medal places. If every athlete was like this, you would only ever have 3 people finish any event.

I appreciate that it takes a lot of dedication to be an athlete (especially long distance). But if you are running for your country, you should do the best you can. This does not (IMO) include dropping out because you are out of the medal places. If every athlete was like this, you would only ever have 3 people finish any event.

I agree.

Many other athletes worked just as hard as she did and missed out on the Olympics. What a way to show her Olympic "spirit".

Just because you think that its hard to run in the heat, the other athletes think the same exact thing!

im not saying shes at a disadvantage just that she found it harder than the rest.

if i wanted to make an excuse for her id say it was because shes, white and british born but im not ganna say that. but i suppose everyone else notice what kind of countries the winners were fron

bloody hot paces

I agree.

Many other athletes worked just as hard as she did and missed out on the Olympics. What a way to show her Olympic "spirit".

A person that thinks the same as me. What a change, usually people disagree with me. But I don't care because I know I'm right :D

I'm also very modest and not in the least bigheaded :whistle:

But isn't the Olympic principal: it's the taking part that counts.

Just a thought.

she was stuggling from the start, she couldn't do her usual race plan and lead from the front. she looked in more pain than she normally does. QUITTER who is that runs 15 miles every morning at 6 am and then a further 6 miles at nite.

and like anyone on this board can comment how many pro long distance runners are there in here. :angry: :angry: :angry:

(Y)

So she couldn't run her normal race. So what! You adjust to the conditions/other runners. You don't quit because you are not going to win.

It doesn't matter how many long distance runners are in neowin, ask them if they would have quit. They are representing their country (so they have you think). The problem is, they are not getting paid to run in the Olympics, when they get paid to run everywhere else. On the Grand Prix circuit, the top runners get upto 30,000 just to run, but are supposed to be amateur.

She shouldn't have been allowed in the 10,000 after dropping out of the marathon.

for gods sake, get off her back, she looked in bloody agony just before she dropped out. And those of you who are accusing her of dropping out because she was out of the medals are (imo) talking out of your backsides.

don't you think she feels bad enough dropping out of the races without a bunch or couch potatoes calling her a quitter and a loser.

Pete

How come the others managed to finish the race when she didn't? They all trained for the same conditions, but she quit because she wasn't winning.

In a way I'm glad she dropped out of it. For the past week the "biggest" Olympic news has been her dropping out of the Marathon and then they managed to hype the f**k out of the 10000m race. If she had won wouldn't wouldn't heard the end of her managing to overcome the marathon to win the 10000 and she probably would have got a Sports Personality of the Year award or something. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-GB, I'm fairly patriotic and I'm happy with the performance of our Olympians but I just can't stand the amount of hype that surrounded Radcliffe.

There was the British athlete in the triathalon whos bike tyre stopped working. By now there was no chance in him winning. What did he do? He picked up the bike and ran with it up hill untill he could find someone to replace the bike.

It's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part and the honour it is to represent your country

I know it's the Olympics and all and the principle is to try or whatever.

But guys, let it go. So she dropped out big deal. It's not like you're going to suffer from it.