Sennheiser HD280 Pro Headphones

Sennheiser HD280 Pro

The HD280 Professional is Sennheiser's most significant closed, circumaural headphone to be introduced in years. Designed to exceed the demands of the professional environment, the HD280Pro boasts extremely robust construction combined with extensive features that meet the requirements of today's most demanding applications. The unique collapsible design combined with swiveling ear cups, offers maximum flexibility in any application. (sennheiser.com)

Features:

• Closed, dynamic stereo headphones
  • Accurate, linear sound reproduction for critical monitoring applications
  • Optimum impedance ensures universal compatability
  • Space saving design features collapsible, rotating earcups
  • Up to 32 dB of ambient noise attenuation
  • Neodymium magnets for high maximum SPL
  • Single-sided, coiled cable with 3.5 mm mini jack with locking 1/4" adapter
  • Very comfortable, even if used for long periods of time
  • Rugged construction with user-replaceable parts
  • 2 year warranty

Tech Specs:

• Transducer Principle = Dynamic
  • Frequency Response= 8 Hz - 25 kHz
  • Nominal Impedance = 64 Ohms
  • Weight Wo Cable = 285 grams
  • Characteristic Spl = 102 dB, (at 1 kHz/1Vrms)
  • Ear Coupling = Circumaural, Closed
  • Distortion <0.1%

I've currently used these headphones for about 2 months. I primarily use them for trance DJ mixing, but also for general music/movie/gaming use with my PC.

Out of the box, the set includes the headphones, a 3.5 mini > 1/4 " gold plated adapter, and a detailed manual:

senn2.JPG

The headphones are super comfortable with crisp, clean sound, and deep, throaty bass. The closed ear design blocks nearly all ambient noise - a much needed feature for those of you with roomates, kids, etc. This also makes these headphones ideal for anyone interested in DJing of any sort. This also means you can crank up your music as loud as you'd like without having to worry about disturbing others in the same room.

senn1.JPG

I'd highly recommend these headphones to anyone who wants to invest in a high quality set of professional headphones. The sound and build quality delivered by Sennheiser is unparalleled.

i didn't see price paid in there. what do they go for?

They range from about 100 - 200 USD depending on where you get them. I picked mine up at a local 'Guitar Center' for about 120USD a few months ago. :happy: