"iMac G5" Pictures?

Showing up briefly on a personal .mac homepage, then finding thier way to both Apple Insider and french mac enthusiast site MacBidouille, photos of a mysterious product have emerged that has been claimed to be the new iMac. The story surrounding the photos is fishy at best, with the box being opened in an elevator by a curious worker at Charles DeGaulle airport in Paris. The photos are fuzzy/blurry, and at first glance do not appear to have been photoshopped or altered in other ways (photos in thread). However, with lack of any corroborating evidence, we can only speculate as to the actual nature of the product in the photos.

pic1.jpg

pastedGraphic8.jpg

pastedGraphic9.jpg

Any thoughts???????

-Will

In my opinion I think they are the standalone new digital displays, not the new iMac's.

By the size of it, it looks like a 20".

Radish?

Sorry GT, I didn't notice I just got home and thought this might interesting. I'll remove it if you think I should.

I'll search next time.

i'm much too lazy to go to the other threads...

so if you're going to open the box to take these pics... why not post a pic of the box or something else that says "iMac G5" on it?

the lack of those pics leads me to believe the pics are fake.

Where would the optical drive be if this is the new iMac?

Radish?

The other side of it ?

The cinema display is about that thickness so my guess is that its a cinema. That just doesn't look like iMac style. Looks like someone posted pics of there 30" Cinema and some one took that image and posted saying it the new iMac and everyone is beleiving him. Until the time comes Ill list with my theory.

Where would the optical drive be if this is the new iMac?

Radish?

could be set vertically on the right side of the enclosure--which isn't shown in any of the pictures

Maybe the optical drive is on the side.

And about the lack of pictures with the iMac G5 well your right, but if you are taking the pictures in the first place, you probably don't have a lot of time, plus you would be nervous about being caught. So maybe the guy only had a chance to take those two pics and the "iMac G5" back in it's box.

could be set vertically on the right side of the enclosure--which isn't shown in any of the pictures

Could be indeed, only time will tell :)

Radish?

when are the new ones going to be released? any details at all other then just sometime in september???

I am seriously considering my next computer to be an apple... :blink: :yes: but i'm really scared to switch

iThink apple is laughing at us...

seriously, its always 3 or 4 days before the keynote that theres some major fake rumor.

and also, i really doubt the new imacs box will be black.

Does it really take 4 or 5 separate people to post the same answer to Radish's question enquiring about the location of the optical drive? No wonder I'm getting "Server Too Busy" all the time.