[NFL] Sanders to join the Ravens

Here we go again. Reminds me of MJ quitting and starting again.

---------

Don't be so quick to discount Deion Sanders' comeback. His quickness in the 40 is another reason the retired cornerback might be playing in an NFL stadium near you.

Sanders' personal trainer, Tom Shaw, told ESPNEWS that Sanders is "definitely coming back." Sanders' time on grass in the 40 is 4.38, according to Shaw.

According to FOXSports.com, Sanders is planning to join the Ravens on Wednesday -- he's been expected to make a final decision by Monday whether to play -- and will make the trip to New York for Thursday's preseason game against the Giants.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1869547

I'm a big fan of the Ravens and believe they are only a couple of players shy of another superbowl trip. Dion is not one of them. I don't care what his speed is in the 40. That is not the only requirement for being a pro. There's a reason he retired. He can't cut it anymore. A defensive player who can't tackle? He thinks too much of himself. Ray Lewis will not mesh with Dion.

This is what happens when all you know is playing football. The TV gig didn't work out because he's irrating to listen to let alone watch. He should have watched Michael Irvin and learned how to make the transition from football antics to responsible television reporting. If he does actually start for the Ravens the 'experiment' will last only one season.

Of course, this is only my opinion. :cool:

I'm a big fan of the Ravens and believe they are only a couple of players shy of another superbowl trip. Dion is not one of them. I don't care what his speed is in the 40. That is not the only requirement for being a pro. There's a reason he retired. He can't cut it anymore. A defensive player who can't tackle? He thinks too much of himself. Ray Lewis will not mesh with Dion.

This is what happens when all you know is playing football. The TV gig didn't work out because he's irrating to listen to let alone watch. He should have watched Michael Irvin and learned how to make the transition from football antics to responsible television reporting. If he does actually start for the Ravens the 'experiment' will last only one season.

Of course, this is only my opinion. :cool:

but you need to remember that Sanders was not only a deffensive player, he can return kicks and also act as a receiver, he is going to need his speed in those departments

Ray Lewis will not mesh with Dion.

Actually Ray Lewis is who is credited with bringing Dion to the Ravens and they are very good friends. I don't think he can do much to get Ray mad at him. Dion isn't the player he was no doubt but he's still better then 90 percent of the corners out there AT COVERING A RECEIVER. I hope Dion all the best.. excepted against my Cowboys ;)

The only reason Sanders is not covering football for CBS is due to money. He wanted 2 million, they offered 1 so he passed. It will be interesting to see how rusty he is after a long absence from football.

should be fun to watch him play again.

Oh yea I couldn't agree more. When he played in Dallas I thought the same things some are now about him Joining the Ravens, but it worked out really well for the Cowboys. I think the Ravens will be a team to deal with this year.. with or without Dion. But personally it would take some disaster for the Pats not to repeat after the RB they got in off season.. look out!

I hope they don't win the division, I'll rather have Cincy sneak in or the Steelers just because I don't like the Ravens. ;)

Steelers might not be bad this year, but I hope they start their rookie QB he seems like he'll fit in better with that line.

Deon is asked to be a nickelback, not a cornerback. He is not going to have to cover top recievers anymore, he will be responsible for slot recievers, jumping hot routes and being a deep safety. In his prime he was lights out, at 37 he still knows how to read routes and break down schemes. With the help of Ray Lewis audibling calls, telling people where to go and scaring recievers from the slot, Sanders will do fine. Darrell Green played at 41 and played well, Deon is way more athletic then him.

Not 4th and 5th recievers, just playing safety. Like I said, he is still smarter and understands the DB position better then most people ever could. He will jump into passing lanes to clog up the slot, he can still recover and cover deep as well. Deon can lose a step and still be better then 85% of those at his position.