How-to make a cascading Controlpanel from Start Menu ?

Lo guys.

that old tweak to do so was to make a folder called 'controlpanel.{bounch of letters/numbers}'.

It works now too, but the .{?????} dont disappear anymore! duh :)

Anyone figured it out yet how to do this little tweak ?

Right click on the Start button, choose properties.

Click on the Start Menu tab, click on the customize button for Start Menu.

Click on the advanced tab, on Start menu items for the Control Panel, click on the radio button Display as menu.

And that's all she wrote!

Hope this helps. ;)

Ugh... :D

after some scratching and more scratching on my head I got it! ;)

I will add/change some of the hints to do this as RazerBack wrote.

Instead of...

...on Start menu items for the Control Panel, click on the radio button Display as menu.

you should do following, locate the controlpanel in the leftpane, drag and drop controlpanel on your own startmenu.

This way could depend on that Im using classic style on my start menu, to lazy to check if RazerBack's version worked in XP Startmenu style

Anyway thanks alot RazerBack

1)Right click on start menu, click explore.

2)Explorer window opens

3)Right click in in right pane

4)Click on New then Folder

5)Name it Control Panel

6)Open Contol Panel

7)Select all and drag to start button, wait till it opens(without letting go of Mouse)

8)drag it up to the new folder.

And you will get this.

control.jpg

Am I missing something? Why not just right click the task bar select properties click advanced tab then check expand control panel?

OK maybe its not directly from the Start Menu but its only one step a way and quite frankly I hate having a big Start Menu anyhow.

Originally posted by Hunter

Illll....you use the classic start menu, youre not a true XP lover. haha :D

:cheeky: I do love XP, but the start menu...........eh, too cumbersome in my opinion

Originally posted by ElGato

Am I missing something? Why not just right click the task bar select properties click advanced tab then check expand control panel?

OK maybe its not directly from the Start Menu but its only one step a way and quite frankly I hate having a big Start Menu anyhow.

Your way works too, but i like less steps. If I could, I would put it cascading off the "Quick start".:D

But I havn't figured that one out, ........Yet!:ermm:

why not just right click the taskbar, then goto the toolbars menu, select new toolbar then expand my computer then click control panel? you can do it with any folder on your computer if you want

check it out! I have a little toolabr at the top with my computer and control panel AND address bar. saves so much time and I can browse through my whole computer with menus!

Looks like too many people haven't played with their Start Menu settings too much =p You can pretty much expand the important system settings folders (i.e. Control Panel, Network Settings, etc.) from the start menu propoerties.:s :p

Also, for the "quick start" thing you were mentioning huckleberry, one way i know how to expand the control panel from teh quick start menu is to use your old method of adding the control panel to the start menu, except drag the whole folder into your quick start menu and make the quick start menu smaller so that it shows up under the double arrow icon. It should expand now... hopefully :p

khaos34

Unfortunatly it won't cascade from the quick start, but Hunter had another way which works real well look up a couple of post from this one.:cool: