[NFL] ESPN Top 10 NFL Players Of All Time

Wow, two sports posts for me in a matter of minutes, but this one is for every football fan. ESPN has posted what it thinks are the top ten players of all time, what do you guys think?

Source: Link

1. RB Jim Brown -- Cleveland Browns, 1957-1965

2. WR Jerry Rice -- 49ers, Raiders, 1985 -- present

3. QB Joe Montana -- 49ers, Chiefs, 1979-1994

4. RB Walter Payton -- Bears, 1975-1987

5. LB Lawrence Taylor -- Giants, 1981-1993

6. QB Johnny Unitas -- Colts, Chargers, 1956-1973

7. QB John Elway -- Broncos, 1983-1998

8. LB Dick Butkus -- Bears, 1965-1973

9. DL Reggie White -- Eagles, Packers, Panthers, 1985-1998, 2000

10 (tie). QB Sammy Baugh -- Redskins, 1937-1952 and DL Deacon Jones -- Rams, Chargers, Redskins, 1961-1974

Others receiving votes (points): Anthony Munoz (12), Jack Lambert (10), Dan Marino (9), Jim Parker (8), Dick "Night Train" Lane (7), Ray Lewis (7), Mel Blount (6), Barry Sanders (5), Mike Webster (4), Deion Sanders (4), Rod Woodson (4), Ronnie Lott (3), Bart Starr (2), Bob Lilly (2), Emmitt Smith (1), Joe Greene (1)

I know a lot of people who probably will disagree with me, but the only people I thought who are missing there are Brett Favre, Troy Aikmen, and Warren Moon. At least they should have recieved points.

Warren Moon was VERY good... but top 10 of all-time good? There have been TONS of NFL players just as good as him, IMO...

Well if you look at his stats, Link, he was one damn good QB especially with 9 pro-bowls under his belt. Also all-time pass attempts: 3rd, completions: 3rd, passing yards: 3rd, and passing TDs: 5th among all QBs of all time. I admit he was not the best QB in his later years, but back in the day he was awesome.

*sigh* Jim Brown will always be up there because of reputation. He would truly be average in today's NFL. He was just way ahead of his time.

Brett Favre off that list is a bit odd.

Roger Staubach and Terry Bradshaw should be honorable mentions at least.

*sigh* Jim Brown will always be up there because of reputation. He would truly be average in today's NFL. He was just way ahead of his time.

I definitely agree with you on this one.

I think the problem with this list is that there have been way too many great players in the NFL to narrow it down to just 10.