most overrated games

Super Mario RPG (by far one of the best games i've ever played to date)

Bubble Bobble (KICK ASS)

Renegade (NES GAME)

Jumping Flash! (hard to find playstation game, one of the first available on the system, i still would buy it if i could find it somewhere)

I can't believe how much the GTA series sucks.  The game is so simple and boring.  How many times can you bang a hooker and still think it's cool.

584727717[/snapback]

(Y) (Y) (Y)

You know I thought Warcraft 3 sucked until I played it, now I"m about to finish the expansion. It's the best RTS I've played IMO.

Oh yeah did I mention Evercrack sucks frog balls?

^honestly...to the first guy that said gran turismo is overrated...ur weird, gran turismo is like the best game ever made...gt 4 comes out soon!!!

the most overrated game is doom 3 it wasnt anywhere near as good as i thought it would be

As a person that relies more on word of mouth than reviews (I haven't read a game review for quite awhile, actually,) the following are games I felt were overrated (games everybody else loved, but I didn't care for.)

Halo. I played through the PC version (as I can't do FPS with an Xbox controller.) To me, the story was interesting, but the game play was very bland. It also felt very SLOW, almost like the Master Chief was constantly moving through water. As far as multiplayer goes, I'd much rather fire up a game of UT2004.

Counter Strike. The appeal wore off 4 years ago for me. There seems to be much better and more fun multiplay games out there. Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Desert Combat come to mind.

Fable. I will admit, I expected a lot out of Fable. Most of the people I talked to said it was one of the best games they have ever played. Well, after taking only 14 hours for me to complete, I have to say I was extremely disappointed. The world was annoying to travel through, the morality system was lopsided (I murdered an entire town, and came back a day later... nobody seemed to care,) and the targetting was aggravating... especially if you were like me and wanted to play a spell caster.

A lot of people have indicated that they were disappointed in Doom 3. Personally I loved it. I can see other people's points though, revealing the plot and story through e-mails and voice recordings via the PDA really took a player out of the action.

You know I thought Warcraft 3 sucked until I played it, now I"m about to finish the expansion.  It's the best RTS I've played IMO.

Oh yeah did I mention Evercrack sucks frog balls?

584728763[/snapback]

I actually liked the expansion (The Frozen Throne) far more than Warcraft III, too.