iCondom "Case" for Apple iPod

I originally had an eXo, eXo3, and Maclear from Lajo. The two eXo cases were bulky, attracted an insane amount of dust, and diminished the iPod's looks. The Maclear Zip case had huge problems in the fit. The iPod would not go in smoothly no matter what I did. Well, so in my search for the perfert minimalistic case, I found the Trendygeek Podshield and the iCondom off eBay.

All cases were used on the 15 GB Gen 3 iPod. I don't know how well they'll fare with the 20/40 GB. The iCondom should work the same as it only covers the back, but I'm not sure about the Trendygeek because it goes around the side.

I first ordered the Podshield. I sold it off the same day. The fit was horrible. The back adhesive was larger than the 10/15/20 GB iPod's back. When you fold it over, the case would actually transcend the iPod's sides. So you would have this nasty looking edge of the case jetting out from the sides. Also, the static-cling was much too weak. It would move so easily, and I honestly can't see one lasting for more than a week especially with normal use. I did not try the screen protector.

Well, with the Podshield's failure, I went on ebay and found the iCondom. A bit skeptical, I emailed the seller about the low-tack adhesive. I was worried that it may leave a sticky residue. A prompt response came stating that the adhesive does not leave a residue. $7 isn't expensive, and I ordered one. It came from Canada in approximately one week. Opening it up, it came with 3 back protectors and 8 screen protectors. The low-tack adhesive is quite strong and very hard to peel off. This thing will last for a long time. I applied the back and was satisfied with the looks. But after some more inspection, I could see that it had a myriad of tiny watermarks. I then applied the screen protector. Hint: Don't mess up because one will probably not be able to reuse the screen protector after peeling it off. It took me 3 screen protectors to finally get it on perfectly. This is partly due to my perfectionist self, though. The first night of using it, the watermarks were pretty obvious. I was vexxed by the numerous little marks all over the iPod because the iCondom didn't apply perfectly. But after about 2 - 3 days, the watermarks seemed to have disappeared. The screen is much, much clearer and the back has almost no marks anymore. The back has become almost invisible. Obviously, there are still some visible watermarks but nothing big enough to annoy me. The iCondom is pretty hard to see. Well, obviously I was ecstatic about the iCondom's quality. Not only did it give me scratch protection but also kept the iPod's beauty without adding any bulk.

Do not expect the iCondom to give you fall, bump, etc. protection. It provides good scratch and fingerprint protection and not much else. This is fine as that's all I ever wanted. I'm not worried about large falls. The only thing that vexxed me was the constant fingerprints and the occasional scratch. Highly Recommended.

Pictures: Click for Larger Images.

The pictures make the watermarks seem alot worse than they really are. It's much better in person.

icondom001s.jpg

icondom002s.jpg

icondom003s.jpg

icondom004s.jpg

icondom005s.jpg

icondom006s.jpg

icondom007s.jpg

Edited by Squibbles

• 4 months later...
Really, why are there so many products with names that suggest...um...s three ex? I mean, seriously: iCondom, Sony N.U.D.E., etc.

585324398[/snapback]

sex sells

btw i have an icondom on my ipod and it's great. protects from scratches and that's all i wanted

Cool, not so sure about the name...

"Hey what is that cover for your ipod?

"Oh this? Its an iCondom!"

"What??"

"An iCondom!"

" :angry: My child is right here!"

i suppose trojan will have to get into this market somehow. for the first time ever someone will be ****ed that they have to use Magnum size compared to his buddies (ipod) mini :laugh:

i suppose trojan will have to get into this market somehow. for the first time ever someone will be ****ed that they have to use Magnum size compared to his buddies (ipod) mini  :laugh:

585326822[/snapback]

Pmsl, nice one :laugh: