Yoper

I love yoper. I've only used fedora core 2 for 5 minutes. I installed it, poked around, tried to get some software, and put Yoper back on. Yoper has apt, a consistent look and feel, RPM compatibility etc. The only other distro I would use is Debian but there just isnt a real tight debian community, like there is with Yoper.

I'm not a Yoper user but in response to mcovey, FC2 has apt available and of course it has rpm compatibility. If you don't install apt for FC2 you can use up2date from a cmd line just like apt. Regarding the feel ... what's inconsistent about FC2? ... it's bluecurve.

Anyways..to each their own.. that's the great thing about linux :yes:

I am new to Linux and have been trying out several distros. I am using Yoper now. I have tried Xandros, Fedora C2, Mandrake, and now Yoper. Yoper has staying on the longest of all of them :) I am going to try Suse 9.1 next. I liked Xandros but it is running an older version of the kernal. Yoper has KDE 3.3 built in. I prefer KDE over Gnome. So far, Yoper is my favorite free distro and Xandros is my favorite pay distro (maybe Suse will change that )

Alister