What's the best search program/engine out there?

33 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best search program/engine out there?

• Copernic
    • WebFerret
    • BullsEye
    • AltaVista
    • Lycos
    • Netscape Search
    • Go.com
    • Excite
    • Yahoo
    • Others ...

OK! We've had polls on video and audio players, OSes, and web browsers! So I'm going to start a poll on what does everyone use as their search tool!

My pick goes to Copernic 2001 Pro!

Go to Yahoo! and type Ballargy. What does it say at the top? Well, I'll tell you :) Here: "Powered By Google" :) In other words, if you use Google, select 'Yahoo!' as the poll choice...

Google all the way.

I used to use Mamma.com, which searches other search engines - but then I tried Google and it found more than the 10 or so Mamma covers put to gether.

My web browser has google built in so on the URL bar I can type "g words" and it will do a Google search for "words" - very handy, thanks Opera.

I go for google most of the time. But recently its been letting me down. Anyone know of others(engines) than the ones posted?

Oh yes..and the sometimes sometimes altavisa..;) , hope we're thinking the same thing hehe:devious:

Copernic rules since it queries many search engines (you can specify so that you can deactivate these useless search engines).

And it looks better than the sites.

The best is google. Have you guys seen the language thing? Go to the www.google.com. Click 'Preferences'. Look at the language drop down list. Note that are language choices like, 'Bjork, Bjork, Bjork', 'Elmer Fudd', 'Pig Latin', and 'Hacker'. Select one of these and save. Your google page is now in that language. It makes me rolfl.:cross:

For most searches I use google, and a little yahoo for a listing of categories.

I used to use AV, but ever since finding google I'm hooked.

One really neat feature is that if you do a search, and the page has been taken off line, changed or deleted for whatever reason, you can always use the "cached" link to look at the page when google visited it.

Oops! How could have I forgot MSN Web Search and Google! :D Silly me!

The reason why I use Copernic is that not only it looks through all the search engines, you can customize how many results per search engine you want! Besides, I would rather to look through only 100 results instead of ten million results! It also automatically updates the software and the search engines, so your results will always be up to date! Also, you can keep a record of the search results when you're offline! ;) The skins idea is very impressive and you can even look for Music, Software, and everything!